Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ehm...No title?

Let’s see if we can keep this short today, ‘cause not all that much happened…and I’m really not in the mood for this. Hah.

I wake up my usual time this morning, my body pretty darn sore all over, and needing a solid ten minutes of stretches to start to function properly. My back complains, my muscles ache and on the overall, until I finish the stretches, it is mighty uncomfortable.

Though the weather is still cool, the sun is shining again, allowing me to head down in full sunlight and a fresh spring breeze coming from the west, I believe. The dogs, as always eager to start on the day, rush into the courtyard ahead of me, and then into the house where the usual ruckus ensues, due to big brother’s canine companions waiting for us.

There isn’t much time for anything, and after a quick shower, breakfast and a large mug of coffee I settle behind my computer to do some more filing. I do a few more copies and pasts, shift stuff around and then it is time to get going.

We have an appointment for a three-hour lesson in town, and in order to get there in time we have to arrive there less than three hours after awakening. We get there right on time, heading on out with the instructor for the exhausting task of fine-tuning our technique.

It doesn’t go bad, or anything. As a matter of fact the instructor is confident enough to say that next Wednesday we should be ready for our exams. He does state that he wishes us to have six more hours of instructions before that, however, so Friday, Monday and Tuesday will be quite busy for us.

I hate it how these “instructions” intrude on our daily routines, especially since it takes us away from far more important tasks for almost five hours. It’s such a waste, but also necessary, I know. But anyway, once we return, set our appointments and talk with our teacher and instructor alike, we’re heading over to the supermarket for a few quick groceries and then home.

I find myself a tad subdued once we’ve greeted the exuberant dogs, had dinner and finally settle down to relax a bit. I really shouldn’t just sit down, but the lesson was like those that came before: Draining.
Heck, I can barely think, let alone act.

Clue, our pointer that got operated on last week, got the drain removed from his side today, and is desperately trying to get past the cone collar that is protecting the stitches from removal. When he fails to get to it, he moves over to me for a proper petting, sticking the cone in my chest so I can scratch his poor itchy ears. There’s a lot of moaning coming from him during the petting, proving that the restrictive collar is keeping him from the much needed scratching.

Later in the evening after watching an episode of “CSI” and “Bones” big brother and I both make a foray into editing again. We manage little more than a page, however, and finally decide on searching a variety of databases for agents and publishers once more, for when we start sending out the latest manuscripts.
The entire procedure mixes with the constant search of ticks on plenty of dog bodies. The dogs really enjoy it too, since they all come heading towards us one at a time for their turn. Already the tick problem is growing, the average dog counting at least twenty every day, demanding a lot of time so we can remove them. We really have to start thinking about that bath for them, soon.

Around midnight we sign off and resign for the night.
Once up in my room, after feeding the dogs and going through the evening rituals, I do a few exercises. I would have liked to do a full workout today, if for no other reason than to get rid of the lethargy swirling inside me, but since that this isn’t smart just a couple of hours before sleep, I make due.

Once the dogs are done eating, and I’ve changed into my pjs, it’s time for today’s blog (it’s rather boring, I know) and a quick circulation of the Net. Let’s hope tomorrow will be more interesting.

No comments: