Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, November 13, 2009

New routine.

Song of the day: “Que Sera Sera” by Doris Day. Got that one a few times already, but it is so wonderfully easy. Hah.

We started early yesterday, considering we had to go grocery shopping…yes, it is that time of the month, darn it. We went a little early, too, figuring that if we got it all done in time we would be able to do a short edit afterwards.
First there was yard work, however. There are two wheelbarrows filled with plants that need to be put in the ground, but we only managed about half before time was up and we head to the car to leave for the planned grocery trip.

Everything gets done in four and a half hours…I had another question of a shop-owner about my weight-loss. She asked whether I had been dieting, or if I’d been ill. So strange. Last time I was asked about a diet and surgery. What is it with the incredulous looks, I wonder, when I say that I’ve never eaten as much as I have in the past year. I have…’cause let’s face it, every four hours or so, my stomach is acting as if my throat’s been cut. There are times when I fear that I don’t get enough food, since I really do not want to lose weight faster than two lbs a month…it’s been going steadily that way for several month; it allows my skin to keep up, I think.

But is it really true that the only conceivable way to lose weight is to diet, become terminally ill or have surgery? Makes you wonder why it is always something torturous, doesn’t it?

Be that as it may, it was a nice compliment. Hah. A nice tidbit of yesterday’s shopping is that we finally managed to get two pairs of shoes in big brother’s size. It is a hard thing to do since he’s got size sixteen, (47.5 European size) or something, which is downright impossible to get here in Spain, unless you visit a really expensive store (not something we are inclined to do).

As planned, we did a four-page edit when we got home, which was a relief after the debacle of the day before yesterday. I swear, we were so tired after pouring the concrete that we could hardly think. But the pages got done, some details were adjusted and that brings us almost to half of what needs to be edited before I can resume writing. I’m looking forward to it.

After the edit we watched Tom Hanks’ “Angels and Demons”, which I found to be a tad disappointing. It was a little weak, compared to the first one, and that’s pity.

Which brings us to today:
Thorgal (golden retriever) had a slight seizure of sorts this morning. It was rather peculiar; he just went through his back legs and started spasming.
Five minutes later, he was fine, but we’re going to have to keep an eye on him.

Before we got started on the day’s project, I went up to our tenant’s place, where I helped with her rehab exercises. This is the second one we’ve done, but it is nice to see her excitement when something new happens. Like the first time (Monday, I think) she could walk past the bar we made for her convenience without actual assistance. And then, while doing balance exercises, her lame arm, actually started to mimic the movements of her good arm. Since mobility and independence is what we’re aiming for, we focused on her arm most today. After a while, her arm once again started to mimic her good one, which thrilled her.

Then it’s time for me to start outside work. We’re only halfway through it now, so who knows what else is going to happen, but since I won’t have time to write tonight, I thought I might as well get through this right now and post.
Today we’re putting in the wooden partition on the southeast side of the carport, and it is looking grand. Sturdy too, and it replaces the bad fence that has been an eyesore for the past year…which reminds me, I need to get out there; the sibs are a mite impatient. Hah.

We’ll pick up here the day after tomorrow…maybe I’ll have time to post some pictures by then.

No comments: