Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mosying on.

Song of the day: “I cried for you,” by Katie Melua. Beautiful song, of course, but a teeny bit depressive.

So yeah, I’m running way behind, my stupid alarm is giving me fits so I’ve been bothered by running behind for three days now. Very annoying, of course.
But let’s get to yesterday...work our way to now, ‘cause I really have a lot more to do today.

Yesterday...okay, I started late, had to rush my way through a major load of laundry, and then headed on out to our tenant’s place so we could do some exercises and then steadily walk down to my porch, where she could sit in the sunshine while we all went down into the yard.
She did well, got a really steady pace going, with some speed to boot; she was really proud.

Turned quite a bit of earth in the lower yard, considering we had to get cucumbers, melons, cantaloupes and tomatoes into the ground fast, and had to rush it a bit. Was good exercise, though, besides, the sun was shining, (I actually got sun burned a little) and the breeze made it rather pleasant.

We took stock of everything about a hundred potatoes have come up, the green beans are looking adorably green, spinach is forming leaves, tomatoes are up, lettuce and practically everything we put down in the ground is doing well; it makes me smile.

Only three more trees need to bud, all the others are doing splendid (except for one of the mangos and we can’t figure out why) the kiwis are showing leaves, so are the berries and for the rest, it’s just plain fun walking around seeing it all flourish.

The edit went really bad last night, which was frustrating as heck. I don’t know what the heck was wrong, my focus was just shoddy, and all over the place, and big brother wasn’t any better.
Added to that is grandpa, who fell down with his moped the other day, and now has a swollen hand...which reminds me a little of Hellboy. Hah.

I was of course way too late last night, which was the reason for my waking up late this morning, no doubt. There was laundry again, and I rushed through breakfast, so I could bring our tenant down to the third gate with her wheelchair, so she could then walk down to the old pool where the cold wind couldn’t bother her. She loved it, so it was well worth the effort.

Today we put in sweet pea pods, by the way, along with silver onions, you know the tiny ones? And the younger sibs turned earth for later planting as well as sowing another small patch of spinach.

For dinner I made potato, pepper, wild onion (from our very own yard, no less) tomato and cheese tortilla, which worked out rather splendidly, if I do say so myself. Just for dinner we went through one and a half pie-sized ones, so I am now hoping that there still will be enough for us to eat from tomorrow. It appears to be a successful experiment, so maybe it won’t be enough for another meal, darn it. Here I thought three would be more than enough.

All in all it’s been a couple of busy days, and what with today not being over yet, well, you’re guessing it, my times’ up: I need to get to work on the edit and hope that we manage to get some serious work done on the edit.

No comments: