Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bonkers.

Song of the day:...hmmm, I don’t remember, actually. I was in too big a hurry this morning, and for the past four hours (edits, ick!) I’ve been listening to Itunes. *sigh*
I do remember that I had Belinda Carlyle’s “Prayer for everyone” in my head. Yes, I know, a rather unusual song for me, but it’s nice.

What’s been going on…well, I had my doctor’s appointment yesterday. Got to hear my test results which weren’t as bad as I feared and yet annoying nonetheless.
Let’s start with blood results: Calcium was fine (which was the main reason he wanted to have me tested) but my magnesium was a bit too low which could be the reason for my muscle cramps and such.

Also, I apparently have quite a bit of anaemia…which really doesn’t come as much of a surprise what with my tiredness which refuses to cease no matter how much I sleep, my heavy monthlies, and vegetarian lifestyle. Seriously, I could have told him that up front, but apparently he needed to have it in writing, or something.

Of course, he can’t just prescribe me something for this, nope, he wants another blood test to see if it is iron or b12 deficiency. Duh, like it would harm to get a bit of both in. Ah well, at least this crap is insured.

Okay, the foot…which was of course the main reason why I went to the dude at all. Like I suggested on my first day there, it turns out I have Plantar’s fasciites…ah the usefulness of talking to folks on the KTT Amazon discussions. I’d already dreaded this particular result, darn it. But apparently I have the fun one: with the heel spur, yay! Yep, I’m forming a spur on my heel, and I’m thrilled, I tell ya. Thrilled! *snort*

Stupid bone. Why is it making more bone, when I’ve got already more than enough of the stuff to last me a life time. I mean, really, repair some of my knee caps, have at it…but no, of course the ol’ bod has to do something that is both useless and painful. I’m thinking lawsuit. What do you think the chances are of getting an emotional damage re-compensation from my body? Wouldn’t that be effing grand? Hah.

But enough joking. I’m gonna get another blood test, I’m going to eat iron and magnesium rich foods, maybe even choke on some chicken and loads of dairy product for a possible B12 deficiency and then maybe show that doctor that I really am not in the mood for pills. Been there, done that, and being pretty sure that that’s where the problems started in the first place. How’s the body supposed to get the proper nutrients from healthy food when it is so very spoiled with swallow ready nutrients that went down my throat for so many years.
Gotta cowboy up. *grins*

Edit’s going well. Less than thirty pages to go before we’re halfway through, so with a little luck we’ll be done with this edit at the end of summer, meaning that we’ll be able to get started on at least one send-out before winter. It will be interesting to see what kind of query letter will develop for this one. It should be fun.

What else? Ah yes, we sowed some veggies; red cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce and spinach, and transplanted some peppers, aloe vera, and strawberries. The latter are so tiny and cute, you just want to talk baby talk to them…or at least, I do.

I’m thinking that maybe I’m going a bit bonkers, because I find myself talking to non speaking objects and creatures. Dogs, of course, plants, a lot, and most importantly rocks. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit it; I talk with rocks. I mean, seriously, what is a girl to do when she is standing in front of a massive pile of rocks and sees the perfect rock, right there, within reach, just waiting to be picked up and carried down to whatever is being constructed at the moment.
“Well, Hellooh there pretty thing. Oh my, aren’t you pretty. Yes, you are. Come to mama, let me just bring you to your new home, where you will feel right at home. That’s it. There’s a good rocksy. No, you’re not heavy at all; light as a feather, I promise…”
And so on, and on. It’s not pretty, really. I often hear chuckles from unseen spectators, but I pay it no heed. Rocks are also just people and they too need TLC. Hah.

Enough funny talk. I really should shut down and get to work. We’re going to pour the last bit of concrete that will connect the carport floor to the path, so with a little luck it’ll be all done before nightfall. Besides my dogs are impatiently waiting by the fence, hoping that I’ll come their way soon where they can at least try to trip every other step. Hah.

Gotta go.

No comments: