Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Something good-something bad.

Song of the day: “Gumboots” by Paul Simon. Gawd, that takes me back to the days.

So there’s good news and bad news. Let’s start with the bad news and take it from there. That way we’ve got it over with at least.

Darshan (cocker) dies suddenly yesterday afternoon. We really don’t have a clue as to what happened, but one moment he was just fine, and the next he started going limp, tongue turning blue and before you know it (I was already on my way to the car with him) he started spasming. Within less than ten minutes he was gone. Such a pity. He was a beautiful and sweet, downy white with red, and a character for sure.
On the one hand it is a blessing that he died at home and not at the vets, but on the other hand it scares me that it can happen so fast and without any warning. He didn’t suffer, though, so that is a relief at least.

The crappy start of the day resulted in a sincere effort of keeping properly busy, and luckily we got quite a bit of small things done. One of which was freezing about eight pounds of zucchini, helping tenant down because her caregiver was ill, and it really was too nice a day to leave her up in her hot bungalow.

Gawd, before I forget (though I doubt I could) today’s a scorcher. We’ve got a sold 38 Celsius (100 farenheit) going at the moment and it is like sitting in a sauna or an oven at the moment. Even our favorite spot in the wind is hot. Hah.

The day before yesterday I had to go to town for a job interview. It’ll just be a small job really, earning a bit extra for the viable emergencies such as unexpected vet trips with the dogs. Considering any operation is likely to be from a minimum of a 100 bucks, a bit of savings for this eventuality is just smart thinking for as far as I can see. So I’ll be working as a newspaper distributor for a bit. Basically it is a fancy paper route, hah. I’ll be going up and down the coast, which shouldn’t be too bad. Come Monday I’ll need to go on a trip with my new boss and then we’ll see if I’ll manage to do the route by myself in the week afterwards.

I’ve gotta say that it has been a while since I last went on a job interview, and for as far as they go, it wasn’t the worst. I do feel more confident these day, and not being desperate and having time does have its advantages, I’ll admit. I’m not in a rush and if this particular job doesn’t fit my schedule I’ll just have to find another kind. We’ll see. The main distributor I talked with seemed nice enough at least. I do wonder about what we’re supposed to talk about when I’m going on a test run with him on Monday. I mean seriously, I can hardly keep my mouth shut all the time. Hah. Gawd, small talk is such a pain. I guess I’ll have lots to say next Monday…that is if the guy doesn’t change his mind, or something.

Okay, what else? Well, I was out on the town this morning. Mom and middle sister had to go to city hall to get their paperwork for the local market. Considering parking is a total bitch that time of morning it was decided that I would go along to chauffeur. It was hot, humid, pedestrians all over the place, but I finally found a loading zone half a block away from the police station and I managed to write two pages while I was waiting.

It was even warmer when I got home, so I took a quick dip in the pool and headed down for lunch (baked pumpkin on bread again, yum) and then got down to writing…which I should be doing right now.

Well, considering I don’t remember anything else that’s been going on except for gardening, and some carpentry, I’ll just leave it at this and see if I can add another page or two to the new project.

No comments: