Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, January 10, 2011

"All'swell" (Yellow beard) Hah

Song of the day: “Wishing well” by Terence Trent D’Arby. Weird, but I don’t even like the song all that much.

Today is my birthday so I’m going to treat myself to a short blog thingy, hah. Also, I got the bestest B-day present. Sunshine and a beautiful day, added by two bits of good news. Yay. Oh yeah, and there was plenty of apple pie.

Since the weather has been rather splendid, we decided not to focus on my floor but spent the past two days working in the basin and adding to the wall. Seriously, it’s looking great we’re now at two feet high along the entire length, and its about a foot and a half thick while the bulwark stairs will make absolutely sure that the thing won’t go down again, ha. It’s beautiful and I’ve got pictures.

What else? Well, there’s the usual stuff, but seeing as it wasn’t all that wonder…oh wait, I almost forgot that tenant went up and down the wooden stairs of the greenhouse yesterday. It was rather chilly outside so we decided she would be far more comfortable in the low eighties temperatures within the glass structure.
But seriously, it was the first time in almost two years that she did the actual stair climbing thing. Down went just fine and though up was a little harder and big brother and I both had to help, she managed it and we all were psyched. Of course, she was embarrassed that it went so slow and that we had to help so much, but it was awesome. After having been paralyzed on one side and with the doctors giving up on you, to then…well, it was splendid.

Oh, and also, an hour or two after my last blog Indigo and Knight II got into a fight. I intervened and...yep, you can see it coming can't you? I got bit. It's not funny, I tell ya. I got a hole in the fleshy part of my palm and there's some swelling. Lifting rocks has been a total pain...no pun intended.

Which brings us to today.
I had to get up a little early to bring Touri in for his operation at the vet. He didn’t like being left of course, but since grandpa was waiting for me to pick him up, I had no choice but to leave him before the vet could give him something to put him to sleep.
I went home and we got to work on the basin. We hauled sand and rocks and then…well, I still love working with cement and rocks. Good thing too, since we’ll be doing it for a while yet. Hah.

Made good progress, and ended the day hauling some more sand for the next time.
Then I had to get ready to pick up Touri and my doctor’s appointment.
We got to Touri on the dot and he came through surgery just fine. The vet didn’t have a clue what it was they removed, though. There was this tennis ball sized lump of some sort of alien material, followed by a golf ball of fat tissue, followed by…well, two more bits of tissue that didn’t make any sense either, right until they reached the bone. They removed the lot (showed it on a tray, of course) and already he is walking better. Poor fella. He was so happy to go home and since they also cleaned his ears, his disposition was vastly improved.

As to my doctor's appointment...I don't have to return, yay. Now that's what I call an awesome present. I'm all set for the next year or so, at which time I have to have my insoles checked, but otherwise I'm good. Such a relief that I don't have to go back. *sigh*

Once home…well, let’s just say I’m quickly going to continue with the edit. We’ve only eighty more pages to go so….wish me luck.

No comments: