Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bummed...literally, that is

Song of the day: “Summer Holiday” by Cliff Richard. Talk about oldies. Jeez. It’s been ages since I really listened to this song, but apparently I still remember the lyrics well enough. Hah.

A busy few days, and since I cheated with Chaos’ day, I have four days to catch up on, don’t I? (Not that anyone is keeping track, but what the heck.)

First of all, the bearings (inner ones) of the washing machine gave the spirit. I suspect that we loaded the thing to heavy, meaning that we had to get a repair dude coming over. Had to wait all weekend too, considering the holidays, but Jeff, that’s his name came by as agreed upon…I had to go to the top of our drive sweep to wave him down because we are so friggin remote that he missed the turn twice. But anyway, at first the problem appeared to be a safety pin, because when he took it out the racket had stopped for some reason, but then, after he’d gone, the infernal racket started again, and he promised to come pick it up the next day. He did, and today we got the news that it’s going to take ‘till Friday to fix it. For little over a hundred bucks. Which is a lot, but doable in the end.
Luckily we have a spare machine because otherwise we’d be without clean clothes already. Hah.

There was gardening, naturally. Watering plants wasn’t necessary, but there were weeds to pull as always, the garden pit to empty of rainwater, and herbs to plant. Since I really like basil way too much I sowed another six pots of them. Yay!

What with my bum knee…yes, it is seriously bum again, I really should be more careful, darn it…I am obliged to take things a little easy again. Yep. No more rock hauling (not as much anyway) wheelbarrowing sand, gravel and clay down (only one or two, really) and no more wood lugging (just one little trip last night). And that while I had planned to start Kick boxing again the other day…blast it. This so friggin’ boring. It leaves very little activities that I am allowed to do…but I did get around to washing the Land Rover this morning. Yay! It is looking all nice an shiny again. Heck, we even did some of the inside while we were at it.

We did work on the wall again a couple of days ago, so that is looking well at least. We got it to a height now where we’re not as scared for “crashing” stuff anymore. So, we’ll have a bit of time to build it now.

Edits are going slow but steady. I am two more (paper) pages away from the end, while big brother is about one chapter behind me. Since we don’t manage more than four or five pages on the computer anyways, it doesn’t really matter. Ideas of the new story are haunting my brain, so that’s good. It means I’ll have something to dive into when I get on the post WIP blues. I am dreading that, by the way. I always hate finishing with something, even though I will undoubtedly have to reread the first three chapters (at the very least) again before we can send the actual manuscript out.

Ooh, yesterday I made spinach quiche, which worked out really, really well. *sigh* I finally got the gas oven temperature pat, and I didn’t burn any of it for a change…same as the apple pie recently…and the over dish that was absolutely delicious. Gawd I need to make that again soon, because it was…my mouth is watering again, darn it!

Okay, different subject please.
Weather-wise things are gradually improving. Weird thunder storms off and on, pouring rain, but more and more sunshine too, which has me ecstatic in a way. I love this weather. The fresh breeze, the hot burning sun. If only I didn’t have to take it easy on my bum knee, then we’d be working the wall right now…Blast!…or at least later today. But no! Stupid bloody knee.

Knight II’s stump tail is almost completely healed now, yay, and strangely enough his foot is also looking better, and the cut he had on his front paw (the one that happened during the fight the other day) is gradually closing as well. Dax’s ear looks a little ragged, but otherwise it’s closed. Thankfully.

Well, I’ve got more edits to do, and…the usual. Gotta go.

No comments: