Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Freaky April

Song of the day: “By chance” by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. A somewhat odd song to have in my head, considering I don’t know it all that well, but what the heck.

The weather has definitely taken a turn for the worst these past few days. Three mornings in a row now, I’ve woken up to cloudy skies and chilly winds, meaning that the newly planted veggies are doing poorly at the moment. Not surprisingly either, seeing as I wouldn’t want to grow in this weather either. Hah. Freaky April weather for sure.

Little sister had to go to vet yesterday with her little cocker spaniel (Djoti) because he had a small growth in his mouth. Turns out it was a benign tumor that the vet could remove in a single afternoon without trouble.

Big brother, grandpa and I were out most of the morning yesterday. We had to bring grandpa’s moped to the repair shop in the city, then go to the Daewoo garage for an appointment…he also did a quick look/see of the Land Rover due to a little problem we encountered the other day. We will have to see if it happens again, but let’s just say that as usual when we have a “little” problem, he was stumped. Hah.

Afterwards we headed for the phone shop (the one where we go to deal with the average crap the phone company puts us through) to figure out why I’m being charged money for an internet service on my phone that I never asked for and use. Aaaargh. Didn’t discover this little hiccup until a few days ago, so hopefully the shop will manage to get us a refund.

Once we got home (there were a few showers throughout the day) big brother and grandpa went to work on the drainage tubes, while I headed down into the yard to plant tomatoes and peppers on the little fields where the experimental potatoes weren’t working. They do look cute, and in the end I didn’t mind working in the rain.

There was another rock hauling trip somewhere in there, along with a sand hauling trip…yes I know, it is starting to sound like the laundry versus the Tax & Death thing, right? Ah well…
We got some beautiful rock, in case you’re wondering. And when I say beautiful that there are rocks that I can barely carry, and rocks that big brother can barely carry, so they’re a nice selection for the second wall foundation. Regretfully my knees did not agree with the activity at all, and have been complaining for the better part of the week whenever we go out to get rocks.

Edits are still going, of course, and the query letter is finally done to satisfaction. We might send it out as a test run this week, so…keep your fingers crossed. Heck, while you’re at it, might as well cross your arms, legs and toes too. Hah.

Tenant was out walking with her caregiver, and ended up falling on her side. The good thing is that she apparently managed to catch her fall because she ended up with only a slightly bruised pinky and a few bumps on her arm. She makes light of the entire thing, so in the end there was little harm done…scared me though.

I managed to do some cleaning in my cabin. The place is still a mess but at least there are some clean spots now, which was really necessary what with time (having it) being so very relative these days.

Small pits for the new berry bushes had to dug still (in summer they need a pit to hold water), of course, so I got to that too, and I am studiously thinking of building the stairs on the east side of the yard, so that the lower yard will be more accessible.

Which brings sharing the past couple of days’ activities up to date, I guess. The doggies are doing fine, and Chaos, for a change, apparently doesn’t mind the missing cocker spaniels. In fact he seems to like the extra attention it warrants him.

Okay, work to do. Gotta go.

No comments: