Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finally!

Song of the day: “Total eclipse of the heart” by Bonnie Tyler. That’s a first, I think. It was in my head only a short time, but okay. Something new at least, eh?

Well, I’m way behind, of course. Big brother and I were working on cutting a 1200 word synopsis down to 750 words. It was excruciating, I tell ya. How on earth am I going to fit a 100,000 word manuscript into 750 words? It’s ridiculous. Not to mention frustrating that every single publisher has a different requirement for the length of these things. Grrr.
I’ve got a nine pager, seven, six, five, three, two and now a one. Then I’m not even talking about the pubs that want you to give a synopsis of 250 words, because those should be ashamed of calling that a synopsis. It’s a blurb, for crying out loud.

But anyway, it matters none because I’m an unknown author with way too many opinions than is good for me, eh? Hah.

So yeah, we’re working on arranging that apartment for tenant’s family. The owner is now pondering his options and will get back to us soon…at least that’s what I’m hoping for. Jeez. I never realized that renting was this much of a hassle. But it’s okay. Turns out the relations want to be mobile themselves, so I won’t be needing to pick them up at the airport. They’ll rent a car and find their way themselves. I’ve gotta say that’s it’s an admirable endeavor since neither the apartment, nor we, are all that easy to find. Hah. Everybody chooses their own adventure, though, and since this one will likely only be slightly more work on my part, I don’t mind all that much.

Yesterday I was way too sore for a workout, but not today, thank you very much. Got up in time (well, somewhat on time anyway) and got to work. The warm-up, followed by the actual pounding, kicking and such, until I worked up a proper sweat and got my heart rate up. Gotta say that that cup of coffee that big brother brings up with him doesn’t go awry either. I really need that bit of caffeine to get my jumpstart. *sigh*

There is of course always laundry to do, and the other chores, but of late there is also the dog feeding bit. They’re really loving it, and for the most part it is not so much work that it is annoying. The harvesting takes more than the preparation, actually. But not today. I harvested enough to last us two days, so that should prevent me from getting frustrated about the entire thing. Got this wonderful Filderkraut cabbage today, that had so much excess leaves that there was almost enough for a full dog meal. Hah.
The dogs are in fact liking it so much that little brother’s dogs are sneakily making their way up to where we’re feeding, and nose their way into the pack until they too are eye-deep in the food. Sneaks!

For the past couple of days I’ve still been working on that outside table. It is really damaged a lot, and today I found another part that has to be completely replaced. It is not a bad thing, or anything, but still a little disappointing. I had hoped that putting it back together again would be a piece of cake.

Yesterday grandpa and big brother worked on the kitchen cupboards again, but not today. There just wasn’t time, what with caregiver at her other job and me having to work with tenant to get her ready to go down my terrace. She had thought that it was chilly outside (up there it usually is, and she ALWAYS forgets that it isn’t in front of my cabin) so she was pleasantly surprised when she found it warm and comfortable on my porch.

Worked on adding that scene I mentioned the other day. It was in place and I had to write some “flow” scenes from one to the other before we declared it done. Afterward we went through that synopsis and query letter, checking if everything was still correct, and I ended up reading a full chapter out loud because…well, I felt like it, and I wanted to see if it ran well. It did. Very natural and very…intense, I think.

Today I cooked supper (yesterday big brother made paneer with beets and rice) but wasn’t happy with the results. Sure, the cauliflower was fine, but the Chinese noodles didn’t fall well at all on my stomach. Darn it.

Fetched a new load of rocks for the yard again. Can’t dawdle too much with that, of course, not with all the project looming. Also went to the construction company because we needed grout mortar. Found out that the gate for that fence we’re building arrived this morning too (guessed as much. The owner really isn’t all that socially adapt, so I doubt he would have called about it today. Luckily we had to go there anyway. Finally loaded it, and then took it home to store with the others. Now, at the earliest opportunity, we’ll be heading to the mountains to put them in. Then, after letting them dry for something like four to seven days, we’ll finally be able to finish the fence. Yay!!!

Okay, I gotta go. I’m tired, I’m barely keeping eyes open right now, and with a little luck I’ll manage to send a book out to a publisher tomorrow. Yay.

No comments: