Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting back the groove...a little

Song of the day: “Cooler than me” by Mike Posner. Such a funny song, only problem is that it often gets stuck in my head which means that the chorus keeps tumbling round and round through my head.

Well, I just got back from a jog, and it went okay, I guess. It’s been a while, what with everything going on, so it really was rather necessary to head on out there and seriously move for a bit. Already did a bit of rowing before it, and some crushes, but that’s about the extent of my exercise until tonight’s jog. Hah.

So what happened yesterday? Not all that much, thankfully. It was actually a nice quiet day for as far as I was concerned. Stole and extra 45 minutes of sleep in the morning, hah, and then went down for my habitual dip in the pool. Went through the morning chores without a hitch and then headed down for basin terrace to write.

Difficult to get back into the groove after several days of inactivity (writing-wise) so it didn’t go splendid, but I did manage to bang out four pages in a new scene. At the moment (still in that scene, by the way) my heroes are facing deadly danger. *sigh* The things an author does to his/her characters, eh? Breakfast was during the writing bit, but it was a distracted affair, warranting some snacks later on.

Went to the yard and yanked weeds while watering the veggies. Also had to bind some of our tomato plants. They’ve been growing well finally, so they were going all over the place. Also, the morning glory is heading everywhere, I took out at least three hundred feet of the darn vines.

The dogs were ecstatic with our being home, I tell ya. They were more around our feet than ever, and several came begging for a de-ticking. Gawd, we’ve been busy emptying them for days now. They’re all over them. I think that over the past two days we’ve taking off at least five hundred of the darn parasites. We are SO going to do another bath dip against the carpy things.

That done it was up to the terrace in front of my house to cut the next day’s dog food. Loads of cabbage, peppers, beet peels, which came from our own meal of beets with rice, leek and onions. That was absolutely nice, by the way. I love beets like that.

Tried some more writing later in the evening, but by then I was too tired and actually managed to be in bed ten past one in the morning, which was good of me (applause, hah) and hardly bolstered me for today. Strangely enough I was still tired this morning. Gotta improve my food intake right now, exhaustion with me often indicates that I’m not getting enough nutrients in. I managed four small meals so far, so with a little luck I will manage a quick snack in a little while loaded with proteins, if I can manage it.

This morning. Well, there were the usual morning chores, of course, followed by a search through my office for paper tenant can use to write letters to her old buddies. I got asked to find some three days ago already, but I kept forgetting. Found it, along with a sturdy folder, she can also use as a writing surface. Big brother took that time to look through the storage of dog food behind my cabin, organizing some in the mess that was there.

Next it was down to the basin terrace, eat breakfast and get to writing. Of course it was already after noon by then, but what the heck. In the hours that passed I added another five pages to the book (had a better groove today at least) cooked supper and then, just because I couldn’t keep my eyes open I did a thirty minute nap. Made all the difference, and allowed me to head into the yard and help big brother watering the plants and yanking weeds.

Did some writing for the blog, jotted down notes, ya know, and then went out for the little jog that I so very much needed. Not the best jog ever, but there was movement and that’s all that counts.

Discovered that I won’t be needing to go out tomorrow, by the way. Turns out my memory tricked me about the MOT. Instead we’ll have to go on Tuesday. Yay, right. At least tomorrow won’t be busy.

Well, I’m going to watch a movie, so this is it for today.

No comments: