Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fender Bender

Song of the day: “Cooler than me” by Mike Posner (sp?). I’m no entirely here today. I’ve been in full tow for two solid days now, and I tried to do some writing, but I’m too tired, so, screw it.

Well, let’s start with the important part.
What with Sally now also being semi-invalid now, we don’t have any choice but to resort to extreme measures and look into finding help for both tenant and Sally. Now that is not necessarily the difficult part, in particular since most of it is paid by social security (just a few hours a day, because we simply can’t handle taking care of two dependent people, and caregiver can’t both on her own either). The difficult part is location. Presently Sally’s place is all the way down the mountain (impossible for her now that she’s so weak, and extremely hard for future caregiver) and tenant is at the top. So, we did some thinking. Discussed it, and we decided to acquire a small cabin (similar to mine, in fact) which we will build up in the old paddock, and add a small bathroom. This way future caregiver(s) will be able to care for tenant and Sally several hours a day, without needing to go through the entire pack.

I got into a bit of a fender bender yesterday. While going to hospital I was distracted, (I’ll flog myself later tonight) and while I was pulling into the parking place, my bumper nudged that of a Renault Clio, to which I responded by quickly pulling back again, only to notice that I was pulling along the Clio’s complete bumper. *shivers* Seriously, I got out and just stood there staring for a while, noticing only distantly that other folks were staring just as shocked. Hah. Cousin Ed and I discussed our options for a bit, and then decided that I would fill in the claims form, leave a paper with phone number and a short explanation behind that we went to the reception to ask if they could call the number on the sound system…they couldn’t of course, so after we visited with Sally (she wasn’t doing all that well, I think the fear is getting to her a little) and the owner of the Clio still hadn’t shown up (an hour and a half after the event) I put the form inside an envelope, scratched through our first note and left hoping that the owner wouldn’t be nasty about it. We would have waited, but it was market day, and we were already running behind.

Arrived just barely on time to get started on unloading. Sold well yesterday, actually. A dog bed in the first half hour of our arrival, (we were still setting up, in fact). There was this thirteen year old girl admiring one of the pink ones with her girlfriends. Then I saw her skip over to her dad, who was leaning against a wall, looking bored, and started gesturing, and blinking her lashes, and everything. Then, at a certain point, the whole bunch came bye, and the guy offered twenty bucks, instead of the 25 it cost. I would have done it, but it really isn’t my choice to make. We’re only sales folks at the market after all, and when we explained that, and the fact that it was hecho a mano (handmade) he paid up properly. Can’t say I blamed him. I do the same at markets. Hah.

Then an elderly couple (same as last week) arrived to give me their list of instructions about how they wanted their ordered dog carrier bag done. Got to play with a couple of Chihuahuas and a Yorkie, while she went over the instructions time and again, until finally she was satisfied I got it. I got her the first time ‘round but I think she was having fun to go through the dialogue. Hah.
They were nice, though, and they paid a deposit without a fuss, so, yay.

Then there was a dude interested in my tie dye shirts, but decided to not take it after. Did end up chatting for a bit, which fun.
Also, the lady from last week returned. She really did want that quilt, and was standing there, eager as you please, for the quilt she hadn’t been able to afford last week. She had the money in her hand, and after we showed it one last time, put it in a nice back and handed it over, she looked nothing, if not utterly pleased with her purchase. She was still fondling the fabric when she passed us twenty minutes later, on her way out. Hah

Were in the midst of the market evening when the owner of the Clio phoned. Luckily she was a nice woman (worked at the hospital), who was, despite being disgruntled about the hassle, thankful we had left our contact information behind. (She hadn’t discovered the form in the envelope yet, so that relieved her even more.) Apparently, most folks drive on, which I find incredibly scary…not to mention not smart what with cameras all over the place these days. *sigh* But then, of course, the most important reason not to just disappear without a trace is that it is just wrong to do something like that and not own up to it.
Personally I’m just relieved that she didn’t end up bashing us over the phone. We promised to go to our insurance agent the next morning.

Lotsa cuteness going on. Kids running all over the place, and there was this little girl. She was like a friggin’ energizer bunny. There was a machine called the kick box (soccer) and she loved it. Over and over again she would run toward that ball and kick it with all her might at least fifty times. Talk about persistent. Hah. I just had to laugh watching her.
Then there was the small group of kids who had set their eyes on the small box filled with small kid’s tools, and they thought that it would be a fair change to give us a small paper box they had folded themselves for one of the toys. That made me laugh some more as I gave the box back. I think I would have actually given in if they had insisted. Just too cute. Hah

Last sale of the day was a Dutch lady who loved the bags and wanted herself one of them. Talked for quite a bit. About our dogs and whatnot. And of course the prettiness of the merchandise. All in all it was a successful evening. Not only because of the good sales, but because of the fun chats, and the nice atmosphere that was there.

Loading and unloading was the best, in my case. My foot has been at odds with me the past few days, and when I need to climb on the wheels or doorways, my calves would cramp like mad. But we made it. Got home safe and sound, but didn’t get to bed until three in the morning.

Today was all about being busy. First off, considering cousin Ed didn’t manage a wink during the night, I ended up foregoing writing, and sorting through the mess of the market by hanging up quilts and whatnot for drying (lots of sea moistness in the evenings). The whole thing took about an hour, which only made us a little late for heading for the insurance agent. She informed me that I had filled the form in right and that everything (after a talk with the Clio’s owner) A-okay. Yay.

Then it was time to head for the hospital because we had an appointment with the doctor…who never showed up, but did deign to speak with cousin Ed about Sally’s condition and test. The biopsy this morning (which made her feel unpleasant, she said,) went wrong, so they have to do it again tomorrow, darn it. Strange how that works. Sally still wasn’t better than yesterday, which is a pity. She couldn’t even make herself tell fun stories.
Afterward we drove on to the big DIY store in Marbella, but the cabin they had there (we did like it because it had 34mm thick walls) would take a month to be ordered and delivered, so it wouldn’t do. He did have a smaller one that he could guarantee would be there in a week.
We decided to think about it, and went home.

After a couple of grandpa’s pancakes, big brother and I went out again, this time to town to check out other cabins. Finally did settle on an affordable one, which we’ll get next week (if all goes well) with a wooden floor and extra wood so we can add a bathroom similar to my own. Also go the paint we’d need and didn’t come home till just before nine, and then I had to make something to eat and sit down for a bit.

Dogs are not happy with me. I've been gone way too much, which makes them restless. *sigh* Can't be helped.

Which brings me to the now where I go to bed. Yay!

No comments: