Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Looooooong day

Song of the day: “Tease me” by…I’m not entirely sure. It’s been too long since I last actually heard or saw this song.

Well, considering I’m pretty much running on fumes, and can’t wait to hit the sack. It’s been a heavy couple of days. Yesterday was spent mostly loading gravel and sand, and hauling it over to Liane’s. Since we were there anyway, we spent some time adjusting the poles of the fence. The corner holders were, apparently the wrong ones, because they didn’t hold properly. Had to use the car to straighten the mess back up. By the time we got home I just barely managed to cook supper, and then head out again to pick up a load of gravel for today, which took some time to load since the stupid stuff refuses to go on the shovel most of the time.

Then, of course, there was this morning where we had to get up early to load everything up on the car, fill the big trailer with sand (Cousin Ed did the honors on that one) cut the metal works for inside the concrete (this Grandpa did) feed the dogs, do laundry, and all that jazz. Didn’t arrive at the job until eleven in the morning because we were heavily loaded and almost didn’t make it up the mountain.

Got started immediately, seeing as we were going to need every hour we could squeeze into the day to pour concrete on the 165 square feet terrace balcony. Almost didn’t make it either, seeing as the measuring, preparing, and placing the ceramic plating took longer than anticipated. In the end the actual pouring took 7 and a half hours. Of me mixing cement, hauling sand, filling buckets and handing it up to big brother who was on the ladder spreading the stuff, and coming down to take over some of the hauling by the time my body started to protest a little.

Took a fifteen minute break around two in the afternoon, but quickly continued on because were short on time. Didn’t finish, also with cleaning up afterward, until nine in the evening, some odd two hours after sunset. Hauled two tons, thank you very much. Gawd, I need sleep…which I’m going to do fast. I took pictures, and as soon as we’re done I’m going to show you the progress. It is looking rather splendid, if I do say so myself.

Knight II behaved splendidly, except for the fact that he wrecked his sock, and some of his bandage, the idiot.
Bad news is that little brother had to have one of his dogs put down. Old Barahm has been part of the pack for some odd eleven years, so he’ll be missed. He’s been in a bad state for a while now.

Angie, middle sister’s Basset is improving a little at least. She made it through surgery, drank some and is holding it down, so keeping our fingers crossed on that one. Little sister’s Panni is still suffering from a fever, poor darling. Apparently he’s suffering from a bacteria that’s basically resistant against all antibiotics. And to add to our dog troubles, I’m coming very close to making the horrid decision again. This time with Gadah, who is clearly starting to be bothered more and more by her hips. The pain killers are no longer helping, and to let her continue while it’s gotta hurt like hell, would just be mean. I mean, I could let her suffer through it for my own sake, she’s a lab, she’d bravely shoulder on, but I don’t think I can. It’s going to be soon.

Did write some yesterday, added two or three pages at least.

Okay, that’s it. I’m off to bed.

No comments: