Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Back to work

Song of the day: Hmmm. Some Sinatra Christmas song, I think. I can’t remember the title now, darn it. It was going through my friggin’ head the entire morning, driving me absolutely bonkers. *sigh*

Not a lot going on, thankfully. Had another much-needed nap yesterday, which was a very deliberate decision on my part in light of tomorrow. Yep. Weather permitting, big brother and I will be heading out to Liane’s again, to finish up the terrace. It’ll be cold, it will be windy, but since the predictions are declaring a worsening in the weather conditions for the next ten days, it is our last chance to finish.

So, for that reason I had a solid nap, and decided not to mind oversleeping this morning because sleep, after all, is the best thing for the immune system. Still, it made me way behind on schedule, which always annoys me. Hah.

But anyway, yesterday involved walking the visiting dogs in the morning, piles and piles of laundry, and heading into the yard for a bit to check the cabbage plants. There is some leaf damage, and I found some caterpillars, so that means I’m going to have to go down there more often to save the poor plants from being eaten alive. It was rather wonderful being down there, out of the wind and in the full sunshine. Heck, I ended up taking off both my sweaters and walked around in a double T for a bit. It was bliss, I tell ya.

Also to the opportunity to put Carla on the table and shave off all the clusters of dirty hair. Since we were at it anyway, we cleaned his ears, and Labhana’s too, and Chaos’, who all have a persisting infection going there.

I have (semi) decided to join Amazon’s ABNA competition. Now isn’t that exciting? Sure, I’m not the biggest fan of competitions, but what the heck. Ya gotta take a chance sometimes, and I did promise that if Spain was allowed to join, I would do it, so there you go. I’ve gotta. Now if y’all are willing, I would really appreciate it if you gave me a vote or two when the time is right. Once I figure out how that is done, I’ll be sure to put up a link where you can help, if you are so inclined.

It’s going to be quite a bit of work, admittedly. Big brother and I discussed it, and we’re going to go through the manuscript one last time, to apply some of the changes suggested by that official critique I got last month. All other projects will be momentarily suspended, since we only have ‘till January 14th to get it all done.

There was dog food to cut, twice actually. Can’t always just leave that to cousin Ed and Grandpa, ya know. Gotta pull my fair share in that department. Fed the dogs on my own, since big brother was otherwise occupied.

Did some cooking, which was also necessary. Beets with potatoes, which went down extremely well if you want to know. At it again this afternoon, because grandpa has the flu too, and didn’t feel like making pancakes. Hah.

Sally came back from hospital the other day. She’s oddly subdued lately. I think the chemo and then the bout with the bacteria is really hacking into her, and there is little I can do for her. If I try to talk with her, she’s insistent that everything is fine, and though I can see that she isn’t, there is little more I can do than accept her words. The fact that she is withdrawing to her cabin almost constantly, staring blankly ahead, is another thing that we’ll just have to accept for now.

Spent a part of today installing TV in her cabin, so she can have some entertainment while she’s cloistered in there. Personally I would go bonkers being inside all the time like that.

Another part of today, you know, after I overslept by at least an hour, darn it, was spent unloading the wagon of market stuff, and then reloading with sand for tomorrow. Took a while. Digging sand to load up almost always does, but with that and the cement bags we tossed on top, we’re basically ready for tomorrow.

Also made an appointment for Liane’s Land Rover at our garage. She would like to have it serviced and after sending her the prices, she preferred to have it done before she returns home.
Got an appointment for Friday, so that should work out just fine.

Knight II is doing well now, eating properly, cheerful as heck, and wanting to play a lot. New playing thing for him is chewing on my wrist, apparently, which I should work on, because boy does that hurt if he gets too excited.

Well, it is pretty darn cold at the moment. Doesn’t help that the stove is as good as off, because it’s the end of the day. Bed time is rapidly approaching and I’m happy for it. Did manage to do some writing in-between the editing for the competition. Have passed the 100 page mark yesterday, so, yay!

That’s it for me. I’m sure I forgot something important that happened these past couple of days, but for the life of me I can’t remember what it is. Hah.

No comments: