Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Too short days

Song of th day: “Rapper’s delight” by the Sugar Hill Gang. Cool song, in particular when you’re digging, and need to walk to and fro the wheelbarrow over uneven patches of ground. It made for quite a sight, I tell ya, and I assure you that I made very sure that no one was around to see it. Hah. Good song to swing to. Made digging a lot nicer.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. Saturday’s first, then Sunday, and then, of course, today. *sigh*
Well, the usual stuff, naturally. Laundry, dog food, the feeding as much as the preparing, followed by editing.

Managed only a few pages on Saturday, which was a pain in the behind since also I wouldn’t manage a lot on market day, right? But anyway, after the edit (strangely enough like before, Saving Nina makes us break out in the occasional argument) we had to do some minor repairs in the house.

While I was doing the digging, big brother worked on the trunk of the eucalyptus tree, going through roots and in the end just wrenching the darn thing out while Cousin Ed and I loaded up the trailer for market day. Afterward big brother and I spent some time cutting wood up by the storage with the chainsaws. Got quite a bit done before it was time to head out for the food donation for the doggies. Got a good load, thanks to the drug rehab place. *sigh*

Once home we dined on French fries and other fried stuff, which went down well. Am glad to say that at the end of the day we did manage to reach our daily goal of ten pages. Yay. Which is not something I can say about Sunday which was of course spent at the market.

Started the day with a weird dream about us having to dig this massive, almost giant tree out of a pile of gravel. Where that came from I don’t know, but seriously, it was downright weird.

Yep, selling wise it wasn’t a bad day, but regretfully with today’s economy folks are in no big rush to buy anything significant. Lots of interest, lots of touching, talking and looking, but buying…? Nope. *sigh* Ah well, at least we made our expenses, and I did manage to add another two pages to the sci-fi story I’m working on.

Had a wonderful chat with this older English guy. Met him several times already, and we got to talking about how he was going back to England because his mom was getting on in years and needed help. For that reason he was on the market, trying to get rid of some of his stuff, rather than toss it away. He, and two of his friends (Austrian and Denish) decided that he would like to donate his stuff to us rather than bother standing on the market again.

He gave me his card so I could give him a ring next week and meet up somewhere to get his stuff loaded up. Since he’s a nice dude, I didn’t mind going with that arrangement.

There might be troubles up ahead for the Funny Beach market, because the customers aren’t coming in the amounts they were hoping for. There is already talk of bringing it down to once a month, which would be a pity, considering it is such a nice place. Ah well, we’ll see.

My friggin’ foot was killing me at the end of the day, but then what else is new, right? Kids that kept falling into our baskets with small toys were a wonderful distraction, though. They are just not resistant against that. Hah. Even sold a few, yay.

No more fun stuff to tell, since once we got home big brother and I headed out again immediately for a donation in town. I know. Shouldn’t do those on Sundays. *sigh* It wasn’t much, but what the hey, bits and pieces will get you there.

Had to phone the garage this morning to let them know that I couldn’t come in today. I totally forgot that Sally had to go to hospital for chemo, so I couldn’t drop the Land Rover off. They were understanding about it, and I really do have to start remembering not to pick Monday’s for the garage because I can’t cancel during the weekends because they’re closed then. Meaning I have to wait ‘till the last possible moment, darn it. I hate that. But they said it was okay to bring the car in tomorrow instead, so it’s okay.

There were the normal chores, followed by helping tenant while caregiver was out with Sally to hospital. Once I’d set her up with breakfast and coffee, big brother and I went to work at the edit again and managed about four pages before chores of the day demanded our attention.

First there was tenant to walk down to the house since she was going to visit with mom for the day.

Lots of digging afterward (involving Rapper’s delight, hehehe) and figuring out how much further we have to go. And then going up to see how we’re going to do the counters, which materials we’ll be using and all that jazz. Very exciting, all, despite the fact that the days just seem to be too short these days. *sigh*

Did cooking. Pumpkin with vegetable mix, on chickpea patties. Need the nutrients, and the taste is pretty good to boot. Had to interrupt the cooking session to pick up tenant and bring her back to her place. Once she was set up with food, (later I had to help her to bed too, since caregiver was still out) big brother and I got our own portions and got back to work on the edit once more…I know, I know, so boring eh, all that editing, but at the moment that is really part of our daily efforts…less than a month now until the competition. I would like to say I’m excited, or nervous, but I’m not. I’m not going to waste time on hoping. We’re going to see one way or other. Hah.

Then tonight, while writing this blog, well, close to midnight really, caregiver came home, informing us that Sally was going to have to stay at the hospital again, due to a very slight fever…which is why they spent the majority of the day in the waiting room of the ER. Bet that drove them bonkers.

Nasty bit of news is that Knight II's front left paw is now swollen. I don't what he did, where, or how, but he makes me want to scream. I should just strangle him, the idiot, with his crappy immune system Grrrr.
Well, that’s it for me. I’m off to bed.

No comments: