Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pictures!

Song of the day: "Diamonds" by Rihanna, again. The songs that can get stuck in your head, right? Hah.

So a short change of course today. I checked with the owner and got permission, so let's do a pic update of "the job". Yay.

Here's the "Before" shot. A fine mess, right?


This is where the plasterwork came off during the scrubbing. Had a couple of places where the gap was at least half an inch deep.


The mold that had formed during out first absence of a week. It looked like snow, I'll have you know.


So the wall was scrubbed,


And scraped,


And fixed,


And cleaned.


Until finally we could paint it, meaning that this is the end result.


Yay!


Nice eh? Wouldn't recognize it from the first shot, would you?
But anyway, some more shots of where the general cleaning got done.
The second floor.


The front hall and entrance.


And the kitchen.


There were some more rooms, but I forgot to take pictures there, darn it.
Hah.

The weekend was boring by any means. There was the car to load on Saturday, because the weather was promising to be good enough for the market. There was wood to chop, chores to do and, well, it's all rather boring.

As to the market, we had to leave nice and early. And yes, the weather was rather nice. It was very cold driving there, but once we got settled, unloaded (had our old spot right at the entrance, which we didn't hear until after we had already hauled the wagon to our usual spot, hah) and got everything ready for the day, I went into the restaurant to do some serious work. Managed to write a total of six pages in the next couple of hours or so, and slurped coffee, to keep myself from nodding off. Duh.

Met this really nice old English fella, who also had a stand at the market. He totally agreed that it was such a nice place to be. We also had a wonderful stereotype gay couple coming by. One of them just loved a small blue boat-cupboard, which we basically use for display only. But he wanted it, and expected his "good" friend to buy it for him...and he did.
It was funny, seriously, I know my fair share of gays, and they tend to be perfectly normal, but these were movie material fellas. Thinking back of them, still makes me smile. Remember the Birdcage? But then younger and somewhat more attractive. *chortle*

Loading up was a little less fun. For some reason my foot hurt quite a bit, despite the fact that I sat for several hours. I was not in a good mood once I got home, I tell ya.

As for today. There were stuffsies to do of course. Little bits of this and that, like fixing a table, having the boss of our visiting dogs come pick them up, cooking, oh, we also managed a jog, despite the fact that I was unable to run the full course...and writing of course. Well, anyway, nothing big to write about anymore, I'm about a hair's breath away from calling it a night.

No comments: