Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Forgot

Well, I totally forgot today's blog, before I knew it, it was midnight, so...
Okay, short sumup, the competition turned out to be a bust for me, of the forty something contestants I didn't make it. *sigh* A pity. But what can you, do right. At least I won't be rushing back and fourth to Gibraltar for more than a week.

Did manage to put in the kitchen window today. It looks rather well, if I do say so myself. Also did some gardening, but on the overall not a lot go done with everything going on.

Tadaika was sick yesterday, so we were out and about during most of the day. Three times to the vet, in fact. She couldn't stand on her back paws, so when I had to take Knight to the vet, I took her too. They didn't know what was wrong, so she's on an anti-inflamatory for the next few days. She is doing a little better. At least she is walking again, and she even jumps on the bed again. Knight went in to have his ear stitches tightened. He was a real trooper about it.

Did manage a jog. I really needed that. Blowing my head free of worries for a bit. Actually managed a 200 yard sprint, which is definitely a first for me. Hah. Was good even though it as downright nippy again.

My head is healing, slowly, despite the fact that one of the friggin' dogs hit me on the head (right on my stitches, mind you) during the night and made me see stars. Jeez.

Tenant is still at hospital, regretfully. No results yet, I fear. The x-ray they were supposed to be done today, didn't happen, so she is going to stay until at least Monday, because her belly still hurts, and she's still nauseous. Friggin' hospitals. Very frustrating, I tell ya.

Well, I'm going to stop here, and leave you with a poem instead. I might have posted it before, but it will have been a long time ago, so who cares?

Okay, I'm out. It's been a long couple of days.

Poem-story.
Death’s visit.

She lay in the marshes beside the heath and grass
Her complexion pale, like the finest of glass
Death has claimed its nasty toll
It came swiftly… a fall and then a roll

Her spirit rose above the empty shell
Her last thought of the prancing horse before she fell
Colors swirled in light of the setting sun
What had happened, her life had just barely begun

Confused and afraid she stood beside the pool
The body she had known, so silent, so cool
Eyes as green as the hills around
Not a breath was heard, not a single sound

What had happened, what had occurred
Had been a fox, a deer of a bird
Muddled her spirit was
Whatever the reason, the ghost could not encompass

A husky cry, violent and despaired
Turned her about to face the man for whom she cared
Anguish on his face so clear
It made her tremble… made her fear

Desperate, he dismounted his gallant steed
Rushing forward, gaining speed
From the shore on which she stood
She watched helplessly as he plunged into water and reached for a pale foot

The marshes stirred when at last he grabbed hold
His hands dirty, his grip bold
Heaving her from the water and dirt
Her love lifted her, strong arms tangling with her skirt

Gently he lay her down on grass covered with morning’s dew
His voice shaking, his hands clasping her face as if it were new
“Don’t leave, my love,” the noble knight whispered, oh so soft
As he swore at death, shook her and scoffed

“You will not have her,” he pledged with force
“She is mine! Her life has not yet run its course”
Tenderly he swiped at mud and grime
Untangling the fold of her dress which had been so very fine

Tears ran down the spirits eyes
The wind sweeping around, piercing her like ice
Death was nearby she knew deep within
She had felt it before when it had taken her kin

This could not be the end, she thought in quiet despair
Watching her love, stroke her face… her hair
“Live, my love, for without thee my time I cannot face
I shall come after thee, give death a dangerous chase”

Her brave and loyal love would do as he said
He would fight to the end, not die old in his bed
To death’s wishes he would never resign
He would think of something, some clever design

“Live, damn you! You’re stronger than He”
His fist coming down on her chest, setting a burst of water free
“Fight, my dearest, my love. Come back to me and live
There is life yet in you… more to give”

Awed, she watched her body sputter and heave
Around her colours fading, even though she could hardly believe
Darkness soon did descend
Her last image that of her love, leaning close, his body bent

A feather-like touch to her lips lured her near
The kiss of life filling her lungs, her involuntary breath all she could hear
A flutter of lashes brought light where darkness had ruled
She could feel her love near, it could not be ridiculed

Death, by no means willing to let her go
Both presences pulled her to and fro
Valiantly the young lass fought back
Courage was one thing she did not lack

Lured to surrender she was
The pull strong even for so brave a lass
“Nay, I shall not leave my love’s side”
She thought… she cried

Though he could not hear or see
Her love shook her gently and would not let it be
However strong he was
Death would not let it come to pass

“Come back to me and leave me not with this plight
Be strong, my fair lass, and fight!”
The voice of her noble knight came from afar
The sound of it like a beacon… as star

“Give up this fruitless struggle, my dear”
Whispered Death, his voice a cold chill in her ear
Icy fingers tugging at her, drawing her away
Making her spirit toss and flay

“Let go, there is naught to fear
‘Tis useless. Let go, the end is near”
“No!” the lass cried in silent despair
“Leaving my love, I cannot bear”

Again warmth brushed her frozen lips
Air rushed in, shaking her from shoulders to hips
With one mighty heave she tore loose from Death’s mighty grasp
Her body reclaiming life with a forceful gasp

At last her eyes fluttered ajar
Her love’s face above her, not very far
Relief showed on the handsome knight’s face
His hand pulling her close in a tight embrace

“You live! Thank the gods of old
If I’d lost thee, to the devil my soul I would have sold”
Her love swore with utter relief
His lips traveling over her face with kisses so very brief

“As would I, my dearest love
But I’m here, I came back from that plane above”
She said breathlessly, her eyes open and aglow
“Without thee… I would not go”

He laughed, a rusty sound from deep inside
His happiness and love he could not hide
“Bound together we are
Apart we could never go far”

Holding her knight close to her heart
Death roared in frustration but did depart
He would leave them be… for now
To destiny’s ruling he had no choice but to bow

Their time would come, Death knew very well
But not now… that much he could tell
Life would be good and kind to the lovers on the shore
Until their threads were cut and he’d come once more

No comments: