Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Slowly

Song of the day: “Explosions” by Ellie Goulding.

There really isn’t all that much to tell. Still sick, though not as bad as it used to be. Except for this persistently annoying cough that would keep me up during the night *sigh* I am slowly doing better.

Yesterday I managed to write a whole (yes, you read it right, one whole) page. Yay! Sorry for the sarcasm, folks, but this flu is really cutting into my schedule. Seriously, I sat at my computer for four hours and didn’t get more than one page on the proverbial paper in that time. Grrr.

To show my gradual improvement, I managed to walk the visiting dogs up and down the mountain, haulin’ my sick butt both up and down without dropping dead from sheer exhaustion, despite the fact that I felt that way. Hah.

This morning I managed a friggin’ big load of laundry, which was a pile that had been hanging there for the past three days or so, due to the rain that refused to abate and let the laundry dry until today. At least there’s space on the lines again.

Had to take Knight II to the vet, which I did. Had to wait for about half an hour and then walked him to the back where the vet gave him a shot. For the next twenty minutes or so we sat on the floor while she removed the stitches from his ear. He slept through the whole thing, hung limply in our arms (vet, assistant and me) as we carried him out to the car, just as grandpa arrived with some groceries. Now, if all goes well, I can take his cone off this time next week. Yay.

Had wanted to take a nap this afternoon, but we had to go to town to pick up some things and then straight on to the village so I could have my own stitches removed. Yep, originally my appointment was on Saturday, but seeing as I was basically passed out right then, it was just not doable. So yeah, I got there. Had to wait for about thirty minutes before I got to speak with the surgeon about the results from the analysis. Nothing with it. Cleared to go. Then I had to wait another thirty minutes at the infirmary to have my stitches removed by a nurse. He wasn’t all that adapt, and ended up plucking out a hair with every stitch. *sigh* But then I was done, and I could get the heck out of there, and finally cough up my lung the way I’d been wanting to do from the moment I sat down.

Tenant is still giving us fits with a refusal to drink proper, but at least she wanted a share of the mac&cheese big brother prepared for supper tonight. It did go down well, I admit, in particular since I didn’t much feel like cooking.

Well, that’s about it from over here. On the interesting news bits, we’re about 100 hits away from 10,000 on this blog, folks. That means that quite of few of you have been returning, eh. Cheers. Always a pleasure to realize that you have appreciative readers. Guess I’ll have to start thinking about doing something special for 10K hits. But what?
Give it some thought, why don’t you, and let me know.

No comments: