Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Time tied

Song of the day: “Sweet Goobye” by Krezip. Strange song to have in your head, in particular since it is so sad. Hmmm.

Well, sleep has been rather short again the past couple of days. Who cares, right? I’ll sleep when I’m dead, or something. Hah. The biggest problem at the moment is that I have to go to the vet twice a day to drop Knight off, and pick him up again, because I don’t want him to spend the night on his own there, poor darling. Even with this, he is incredibly sticky when we get home…although now, some odd three hours after coming home, he’s stretched out on the bed, snoring liked a sawing machine, for crying out loud.

But anyway, the day was pretty much filled to full capacity. First there is laundry to hang, followed by dropping Knight off, while big brother fed the dogs. Right after, grandpa in the car with me, I headed straight through to the hospital to visit with tenant. She was in good spirits, thankfully, and eagerly awaiting her book, glasses, and dental glue! Stubborn as always, promising that she had learned her lesson, and would drink more once she got home…the way she always does when she ends up in hospital, I’ll not hold my breath this time either. *sigh*

I did warn her that we might not be able to come by tomorrow (today) due to the fact that we were still without the Land Rover (blasted bank Holidays) and that we had to go to Spanish class, , and after that maybe pick up the car, and go to town for a donation kind of thing. (I’ll explain later.) She looked a little down because of it, but she understood, of course.
A doctor breezed through while I was there. She has to be on antibiotic again, and has to stay for several days, once again. The moment I asked something, he was looking at his watch. I know this twat, of course. Met him before, but I explained that I would not be able to come and visit the next day, to which he assured me that I wouldn’t need to worry, it was fine. *sigh* Arrogant is the word you’ll find him under, I tell ya.

But anyway, grandpa and I said our goodbyes, and headed back home. Tried to do some writing, but there was too much to do, like the bathroom. Worked with silicone, closing off the corners and such, which took some time.

Sally appears to be doing a little better. At least she is coherent with less of the opiates in her system. Luckily, so far, she isn’t experiencing more pain either, so it seems it is working. Maybe all the screaming, moaning and uncooperativeness has everything to do with wrong medication. I sure hope so, because we were already contemplating finding a different solution for her living arrangements since she would not let us help her at all and was just sitting there, basically rotting away. I gotta say that I don’t know what the doctors are thinking prescribing meds like that? What use is it to give the patient something that will just make them stop functioning entirely?
Such troubles exhaust me, I must admit.
*sigh*

Dinner, yesterday (after I picked up Knight who appears to do a little better, too) involved red beets and potatoes, which were absolutely delicious…heck, we even ate them again this morning, which started early because we’re going to try to get up earlier in order to be able to do more in the day…don’t worry, that means we’re going to bed earlier too (hopefully) simply because in the evenings we are too tired to do much on the book. With a little luck we’ll be able to do a few pages in the morning before we start with the day.

So we were early this morning, as planned, only to discover that mom had planned to go to town to pick up a load of free dog food. She needed big brother for that, so he could go with her in the van, while cousin Ed and grandpa took Sally to the health center in the village. She had an appointment.

I fed the dogs on my own, printed out a few pamphlets for Samaya Photography, sorted through a stack of my photographs to get a portfolio ready, ate while doing that, and tried to do some Spanish.
Since big brother wasn’t home on time, I took the opportunity to drive Knight to the vet again, the moment the Opel was back. I was late, naturally, but it was okay, and I was back twenty past eleven, with just enough time to add two more sentences to my homework.

Were about ten minutes late at Spanish class, but it was okay, the teacher didn’t mind, and we even kept up until ten minutes past the normal time to make up for the loss. No photo session, again, according to the teacher my future model wants to have “the perfect” dress for the occasion. Whether it is true, or if she changed her mind, I don’t know. But I didn’t mind that the appointment was cancelled. Had to go and pick up the car, yay!

Got there after three, paid the bill. Yikes! Hung some pamphlets there, and several other locations, split up with the two cars and separately made our way home. Cooking then, of course, unloading, dragging the van from inside the gate because the sibs needed unload the dog food. We are going to need to get that all stored tomorrow, which reminds me that I need to wrap this up to go bed right about now. Grrr.

No comments: