Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy, busy.

Another quickie then. I wish it weren’t so, but sometimes one has to prioritize I guess.
The way I figure there’s no one who’s going to miss a page or two over here anyway. Hah.

So, it is another sunny day in southern Spain when I wake up this morning, blinking at the bright sunshine stabbing into my eyes the moment I toss the pack outside. There’s a rather chilly wind, but otherwise the temperature is wonderful and the sky clear as whistle.

I’m looking forward to today’s writing session, wanting to create the scene that precedes the one I wrote yesterday, and I am most eager to start. This fashion of writing certainly is productive. Without the hassle of going at it chronologically, I’ve gotten a vast amount pages done at a very even pace.

Only a few minutes late, I still don’t take the usual time for reading this morning, and within thirty minutes of rising I’m hiking down the mountain to let the dogs into the courtyard.

No new batch of laundry to hang today, much to my relief, just a batch or two to take down since it dried during the night, and fold it. Next, a handful of groceries need to be stored in the cabinets but that’s about all the chores that really need to be done this morning.
Soon I’ve got the coffee percolating and finish breakfast so I can move to the table and set up the computer.

I’ve got exactly two hours to get some work done before we need to depart for town. Middle sister has discovered a cavity in her tooth and has a dentist appointment, and since we need to go to town anyway, big brother and I decide to make use of the opportunity and slip in another hour at school.

Time ticks by rapidly, my fingers flying pleasantly fast over the keys as the scene forms on the monitor, creating a wonderfully descriptive imagery that’ll lead to yesterday’s work perfectly once I’m done, I’m sure.
Four and half pages are done when the hour of our departure arrives, and soon I’m hurrying up the mountain once more, to get changed.

Right on time big brother and I arrive at school digging into the lesson material with tenacity even though the questions and answers are boring. When we ask the teacher something about a particular question that makes no sense, she starts to scoff, taking the small book from my hand with disdain while she starts pointing out the ludicrousness of the entire section that we’re studying at this time.

The woman is actually outraged about the section that makes no sense whatsoever to us, or her, even after working in this particular field for almost twenty years.
“Insane and ridiculous!” is what she calls it, just pointing out what it is we need to know about the lesson before she leaves us in peace to finish up.

It goes really well today, seven 30 question lists, five without errors, two with just one, and one with two. Since big brother has a similar score we’re both pretty certain that we’re going to focus fully on doing the exams on the 25th… if no major disasters occur along the way, that is.

After an hour at the school, we get a list of the official paperwork we’ll need to register for the exams and then get into the car where middle sister and our driver of the night is waiting to take us home.

Sister’s dentist appointment went well. The cavity was dealt with rapidly, and she hadn’t even needed an anesthetic, which pleased her considerably.
At home little sister has dinner of spaghetti and fresh tomato/veggie sauce waiting. We’re all starving so the dish goes down rapidly as we wind down for the evening watching some TV shows.

There is an overall yearning for a sweet later in the evening, so what with the cookie jar empty, I get to work on sweet orange pancakes that deal with the particular yearning, and then settle back in my seat to enjoy this week’s “Burn Notice”.

Soon midnight arrives and it’s time for me to head on up for the night to go through the usual evening rituals and actually get some reading done.
I’m almost done with the review book about the knight. It is rather charming and I think I’m going to have to give the author a five for creating a beautifully simple story. It has been a pleasure to read, that’s a fact.

No comments: