Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Running after time.

I really don’t have time to write a long Blog post today, so I’ll do a quick rundown of the day and get on with it.

Time being short today starts early. As a matter of fact it all begins around the time I wake, and promptly fall back to sleep without meaning to. Dreams elongate oddly, spanning lifetimes…or so it feels…until at last Knight II wakes me again, by jumping right on top of me.
All that makes me run behind a good twenty minutes when I arrive at the house and start on my planned workout.

It doesn’t help things either that I, once again fail to keep track of the hour and end up doing a solid hour and a half of exercises that seem to fly, rather than go by at a snail’s pace. It went so well that I forgot to check the clock–thus making the earlier twenty-minute lapse stretch out to a full hour now. After a ridiculously short shower, I finally get to a quick breakfast that consists out of stuffing a slice of bread between my teeth.

Still chewing, and coffee in hand I flop down at the table with a huff and then turn on the computer so I can get to writing, posthaste. I hate it when I’m short on time; it puts a lot of strain on me. However, as the next couple of hours pass rapidly and I find myself immersed in an intense scene when mom suddenly warns that it is time for me to get ready for “school”.

I groan; my fingers continuing to tap madly as I mutter “One minute, one more…” and seven minutes later end up running to my cabin to get dressed. Distracted by the scene that’s still playing through my head I don’t even notice Mosha jumping up and down beside me until I’m ready to step in the car. I sigh with the decision of taking her along, rather than make the effort of bringing her back to the courtyard.

The cocker Spaniel’s ecstatic, of course, eagerly settling on my lap when we head for town and pass a police check up on the road, where a cop with a genuine MACHINE GUN is keeping guard. We wonder about it, but otherwise pay little heed as we continue on our way and arrive at the school only three minutes late.
Lessons go well, so I won’t bother writing about them. It’s boring narration anyway, so who cares?

Today’s school over and done with, it’s back to the house for both of us. The check point is gone on our way up the mountain, and after going through the usual canine welcoming committee, big brother and I have a quick dinner consistent of yesterday’s leftovers.

We only watch a “Bones” episode, after which I get to the laundry I didn’t have time for this morning.
Though there are only two batches to hang, four need to be folded…man, am I happy that the dirty laundry’s finally completely gone.
Luckily, big brother, who’s eager to start work as well, helps with the chore, allowing for a record in the tedious occupation.

At last we restart the computers and set to work. Big brother is working on his own manuscript now, creating a rather intriguing tale that I’ll certainly enjoy once we’re going to edit it, but for now “the scene” from the morning fully consumes me once more.

A couple of hours later, a 1st edit over and done with and another full page added to this morning’s four, I find that I really should have kept track of the dials on the clock, since it is an hour later than my intended time for leaving the house and returning to my cabin.

Frazzled a bit, by the continuous strain of running after time…or that’s what is seems like, hah…I gather my computer, clean laundry and the dogs to head to my cabin for the night.

Upon reaching the door, the dogs start racing. They have caught the tell tale movement and scent of a rat, lurking under the porch. After a rather noisy scuffle, during which they vie for the honor of the kill, Labhana emerges proudly with the dead rodent in her mouth.
This is her first kill, ever, and she literally shines with her minor victory. Praising extensively her for the newly found skill, I pat her on the head, scoop the critter into a bag so I can toss it in the garbage and then head inside to feed the dogs.

I only manage half a chapter in the review book I’m reading, and afterwards I hurry to set up my computer for the nightly exploits.

A busy day, and knowing that tomorrow a lot needs to be done again, I don’t think my Blog tomorrow will be any better. Hah.

No comments: