Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Excellent.

Song of the day: “Bad day” by Daniel Powter. Not a bad song, but since I only know the chorus it got to be a tad annoying. Hah

I have a relatively early morning today. There was a strange dream that makes me feel…well, weird, but I cannot remember the details for some reason, which in turn annoys me too. It gives that uncomfortable feeling that I can’t find the cause for…and thus not find a solution to get it out of the way. No matter, though. The day starts anyway.

The wrist is doing well enough, only a slight twinge now and then, so it doesn’t bother me too much during the morning chores of cleaning up the cabin and getting ready to face the day.

I head down to the house for edit right after the morning rituals. First, there’s the laundry that needs to be done, but then I set up the computer and settle down.
Admittedly, we don’t get all that much done, lots of other stuff that keep us distracted when we should be working. One of which is treating Njanna’s (golden retriever) ear and trim his fur to remove the dirty clusters that have accumulated during the winter.

We do stick it out behind the computer a bit longer than usual, which earns us another scene, but then it’s time to head outside to see what we can do today on the ongoing project of improving the quality of life in general.
Big brother opts to work on the gate (the one that fell on Bommel yesterday…Bommel’s fine, by the way) while little brother continues clearing out the tool room in the courtyard.

While they’re busy with that, both sisters and I open up the fence that keeps the small yard in front of the wall safe from the dogs, so we can remove the remaining dirt that’s still overflowing the section, and cart it up to the top of the wall. There it is supposed to create a rather nice terrace, later on.

So, I calculated six to eight wheelbarrows to wheel up the mountain…oh boy, major miscalculation on my part, aaargh! I end up hauling seventeen friggin’ loads up, breathing hard and leaking perspiration like I’m sieve, or something.

It doesn’t help at all that it is a humid day and really warm, like it’s summer, but still, the way I figure, I got my exercise at the very least. Hah. Nothing like going up and down with a heavy load as fast as you can, just to be able to get all the momentum you can.

Around load number fourteen a thick cluster of clouds gathers in the west, covering the sun completely. It’s a massive gathering that’s a fact, and moisture is heavy in the air with the promise of a proper thunderstorm later on, when the day turns from bright into murky in less than five minutes.

I take a quick dip in the pool, more to get rid of the perspiration than anything, do some stretches to get the kinks out of my back, get dressed and a bite to eat, and then head on up to the car. Yep, another load of rocks needs to be fetched, and I’m feeling remarkably well, considering I’ve spent the majority of the day running up and down with a full wheelbarrow, hah. Guess all the exercise these past few months has been effective after all.

A different location is picked today…we do like variety in our rocks…and we pick a section of the road under construction where a large selection of rocks are just begging to be taken along. Black, yellow, red and turquoise…oh my, the eclectic colors are going to be beautiful in whatever section of new walls we’re going to put them.

Thirty minutes later, with the truck bed fully loaded, we head back home on a scenic route. Overhead an impressive cloud formation is thunderously coming together and lightning slashes threateningly in the west by the time we arrive home and start to unload.

That done, and with nightfall hard on our heels we head inside. I do another quick laundry run…what with the heat this morning’s batch is already dry.
Little sister has cooked dinner, fried rice with peanuts and coconut shavings, and white endive with cheese. It’s delicious and the stuff gets devoured in record time.

Though it is already late, big brother and I decide to try another edit, and manage to ad another page before it is once again time to call it a day. I head on up to my cabin so I can feed my dogs and prepare for the night.

It was a good day…definitely.

No comments: