Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flyby post

Song of the day: Nelly Furtado “Turn off the light” which is definitely a good one. It was of course followed by Sandy Shaw with “Puppet on a string” so there goes my good taste right out the door. Hah.

I wake up twenty minutes late, but who cares. Well, I do, since it means that I’ll have to scramble to catch up all day long. What follows is…Hmmm, just fill in the morning rituals and we’ve got the morning covered. I am a little sore today, yesterday’s run is making my muscles protest, but once I get going, it subsides to a more than bearable level.
On to more interesting stuff:

Excellent edit today. We manage an entire chapter in the rewrite/edit, so that is reason for a good “Yay!” Wonderful scene, great imagery and a complicated dialogue between the heroine’s multiple personalities…all five of them.

Set the scene inside your head and imagine arguing with five different aspects of yourself. Now, if all were similar identities this wouldn’t be all that bad, but if you add the fact that they’re complete opposites-motherly peacemaker, humorous go-getter, ditzy sex bomb, temperamental aggressor and a personality that is ruthless and emotionless¾you’ve got one heck of a conversation to enjoy.

I love this scene. It might very well be the most profound one in the entire book, since it explains so much…well to me it’s profound anyway. If someone else does still remains to be seen. Hah.
Nothing lifts the spirits as much as a good edit like this; in particular, when it hardly needs any editing. Makes me want to bounce in my seat, really.

It would have been nice to continue a bit longer, but as it turns out, we need to head up to our tenant’s place because she has lost fake teeth during the night and her caretaker can’t find them anywhere. It’s up to big brother and me to take the room apart to search for it.

Thirty minutes later, we find it wedged in a narrow strip between two walls. The relief is rather big considering a new pair would have set our tenant back at least three hundred bucks.

With that settled, and all the furniture back in place, we head on down to the car so we can depart for another rock haul.
We turn south west today, heading on down into the valley on winding dirt roads in the bright afternoon sun that pounds down on the countryside as we steadily make our way across the bumpy paths.

It’s not until we come upon a rather deserted patch of road that we find a nice batch of rocks that are actually hot to the touch. The sun has been shining somewhat fierce, so it really shouldn’t have been surprising. We fill up the truck bed in a short time and start back on our way home. Underway we come upon a rather gorgeous spot where we can get at least another six loads, and make a mental note to visit it again.

Once home, after unloading, we head inside for the meal little sister has prepared during our absence. Simple, nutritious and tasteful. Can’t ask for more than that.
Dinner is followed up by another quick edit, sending out some messages and, of course, picking ticks off the dogs at regular intervals. The little parasites are brittle again, close to death, and I’ll admit to being a tad (rather cruelly) gleeful over that fact.
They come off the dogs with little prompting and that is a plus to say the least.

The evening comes to a pleasantly calm end, and once I arrive in my cabin, big brother, grandpa and I spent a long time talking about the day and future plans before I’m late, as usual and settle down for today’s Blog.

Oh my. I actually managed to get the whole thing on one page. Miracles never cease to exist, or so it appears. Hah

No comments: