Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Memories and the day.

The other day, while we were cleaning out the office supplies, I finally found some pictures I’ve been trying to find for years (they were hidden somewhere between the clippings I used to save for my books) that illustrate rather prettily, how fire can seem like a living creature. Have a look/see and decide for yourself.

They’re a little grainy, seeing as they were newspaper clippings of a fire that raged rather violently all over our mountain. We were forced to evacuate and everything, including the dogs, and it was an “experience” to say the least.
Strangely enough it is almost exactly eight years ago…minus a week, so I think that it is rather apropos to show them off today. The weather sure is a lot more pleasant compared to then…I remember feeling as if I were melting back then. Hah.

If you want to read about the day in question (from when I wrote it for a local paper)click on the title of today's Blog and you should be transferred to my Myspage Blog page, where I posted it in 2007.

Enjoy.



Now this one was just downright pretty. It's the village three miles from us.


We're just around the corner on the right, below the section that was burned, darn it. See the helicopter on the left? 'T was quite impressive.


Scary, huh. But gorgeous too. I'm thinking of using the image for a story. Hmmm.


Okay, on to the day:

Song of the day: “Valerie” by Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse.

I was a tad annoyed with the sibs today. After two edits, four read-throughs and Gawd knows how many discussions, the overall consensus of a certain scene in “Commanding Morgan”, the prologue, is that it had an inconsistency that needed to be dealt with and supplemented.

Now, personally I don’t have any problems with this so-called inconsistency, but since they’re the readers I had to resign myself to a slight rewrite that took up to an hour to get “just right”. It would be amusing that they think that writing goes with such ease, even complimentary, but since to me it requires a complete change of the entire scene’s image, it gives quite some frustration after we had pretty much made a joined decision that the prologue could be considered done last week. Aaaargh. Couldn’t they have of it a little sooner, I find myself thinking from time to time, during the course of the day.

Ah well, ‘tis over and done with now, so I better put it aside and see if I have anything of interest to mention in today’s Blog.
Hmmm. There was the edit, of course; laundry, naturally; some general chores, like always; picking ticks of a variety of dogs and without fail adding another sixth to the pillar in the courtyard. Strangely enough, the rocks started to float sooner that usual, so we had to stop sooner too, and took the remainder up to my cabin to fix a tap into the small wall that adjoins the foundation.

Once that is done, we decide to go for a nice jog…even though both our paths have been closed for the duration of summer, darn it. So, we had to look for a new spot that would be slightly off the beaten path, rather than where cars are constantly raging back and forth between the villages.
Finally, we found a rather uneven path - at a downward slope, yay - that served rather well for the day’s exercise. The run went well and about an hour later, we returned home to have dinner; mom prepared it during our absence.

There was more laundry, more ticks and another edit, and then the day came to an end, which concludes today’s rather boring Blog. Good thing I started with the rather pretty pictures. Hah

No comments: