Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy stuff.

Song of the day: “The lion sleeps tonight” by Robert John, apparently. Could have fooled me, I’ve known the song for ages and never even bothered to figure out who sang it. Hah. No matter, though: it’s a great song.

Well, it’s been a busy couple of days, really. Yesterday two puppies died. We had intended to take them to the vet this morning, but it was already too late. The other two are fine, so that’s a relief.

The younger sibs and I put a small wall section behind my cabin, where mud tends to pile up during the rain. It was a very basic task, not hard at all, so we were basically just chatting while we went back and forth between painting the small metal ladder we intend to use for easy access to the wall.

We also did some repairing of the fences, because when grandpa and big brother were busy burying the poor little dogs, some of the pack members decided to tear the fence (with their teeth and a lot of persistence) and then scaled it by the dozen. We put a section of another fence on it as a temporary solution…or at least until we have time to put something permanent in its place.

Then we finished the basis of the glass and wood window, and put it in place. Quite amazingly, it fit in with only a few millimeters to spare, and even without the glass, it looked downright beautiful. Fit like a glove, and during the course of the afternoon (today) middle sister and I puzzled the freshly cut glass into place. Not easy, since every square was a slightly different size, but in the end we had them all in, and mom cleaned the glass panes.

Luckily, we did all the painting yesterday because it made the job so much easier today. After the glass was put in place, middle sister moved the rabbits from the old cage into that of the chinchillas. Since we’re building a new one under there and need to take the old one apart (so we’ll have room for our office) they’ll be fine there for the time being.

Once the rabbits are out of the way, we start on the tedious task of getting the fencing off the old cage, and slowly take the majority off.
Soon the afternoon turns into the evening and after a late dinner it is time to head up to my cabin.

So now comes the fun part. We have actually finished the read through of the first chapters that need to be sent to the publisher before tomorrow. It turned out grand…grand I tell ya! I’m so curious what the editor is going to think of it, ‘cause, well, I love it. The synopsis is checked. So are the chapters, or course…page numbering, paper size, etc. etc. Now, unless I missed something atrocious, it can’t get any better. I’m keeping my fingers, toes, hands, feet and…heck I’ll even keep my eyes crossed if I have ta. Hah.

And there you have it; the end of this appallingly short summation. There just aren’t enough hours in the day, are there? *sigh*

No comments: