Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shelves and painting.

Song of the day: “Escape” by Enrique Iglesias. Yeah, “you can run, you can hide but you can’t escape” hah. Well who wants to anyway.

So let’s get down to business, ‘cause I’m way behind today, and I’m sure that you have better things to do that read this stuff…or not. Whichever is the case, I need to hit the sack, like, fast. I’m starting to look cross-eyed.

Luckily today and yesterday were pretty much the same. Yesterday I made shelving for the office, and today I hung them…which was a bitch to do, ‘cause I had to drill holes while standing on a chair, way over my head and then balancing precariously. It felt like friggin’ exercises. Every little muscle in my stomach was shaking at the end.

Had a sneak peek at the puppies, which are growing rapidly. Adorable little buggers. Soon they’ll get an introduction into the pack. I’m gonna have to properly describe it when the day arrives, usually the response of the other dogs are hilarious.

Ehm, yeah, big brother and grandpa put in the rounded terrace doors today, and they’re looking grand, even though we’ve only got half, so far. They’ll still need a lick of paint some sanding, shaving etc. but then they’ll be all done.

The small round table that is going to be mom’s working station was painted too, today. The file boxes got put together and were placed on top of the new shelves in the eaves of the veranda. They fit, by the way (it’s always iffy when I don’t bother measuring it first, hah) two on top of each other, with less than a centimeter to spare on top: Success!

The desk got painted a second time now too, and I think it is going to work out well once we start working there. Lots of light-due to all the windows and light colors on the walls-space, and easily closed off for the dogs whenever it proves necessary.

Cleaning is always a big part of such projects, of course, so for the six hours a day that are spent on work, a full hour follows for the resulting clean up. The same goes for the younger sibs who have been painting wall for the past two days, making the whole look rather fresh and clean.

We managed to stock up on a lot more wood too, in the past couple of days, grandpa’s piles rapidly growing, resulting in shopping-like trips to the old horse stable where neat stashes are set together. Soon we’re going to have to start on the fencing of the area. In winter there is a problem with thieves in this area. All through the year scavengers steal metal all ‘round, but when the colder months start settling in, there’ll be those who look for wood and will take it if there is no fencing to speak of.

We had a minor little mishap with the car today…darn it. There’s this big crack in the windshield, which means that we’re going to have to buy a replacement soon. Hopefully the insurance will cover it, but otherwise we’re going to have to do a patch job of sorts ‘till next month.

Got through the big proofreading today, which is like, awesome! Now all we have to do is do another random read through and then we’re all set in case the publisher wants to see it. Hah. We succeeded…thankfully.

And I’ll quit now, before the words actually start to get out garbled the way they’re already looking to my somewhat blurry eyes. I’m sure that I forgot several far more interesting tidbits that I could have written down, but I really need to get to bed! Aaargh.

No comments: