Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Faking it...

I really am; I'm running way behind.

Song of the day: “Spice up your life” by (gulp) the Spice Girls...I know, I’m embarrassed, really. Hah. Just kidding, they’re not THAT bad, just…well The Spice Girls.

So yeah, I’m sitting her trying to think of what to write about today, and I’m drawing a complete blank, very annoying that. I mean, I know that yesterday’s weather was a tad disappointing, but since we had a friend visiting it wasn’t all bad. Chattered a lot, showed off all the work, naturally. ‘Tis the beauty of visitors, of course. You really can’t do a good show off towards those who are there every day, so you gotta wait for the right occasions (such as this one) every time.
She was of course properly impressed, which made it worth the waiting. Hah.

Seriously though, project wise we didn’t complete any massive ones in the last couple of days. There was painting, sanding, planing and general woodwork going on all over the place.
The new balustrade for the patio is almost done, and my new shelving (hung it the day before yesterday and it was almost disastrous…I’ll get to it later on…maybe) has been painted during the course of the past three days.

There were several more trips for rocks, the piles are growing again, two nights with too little sleep, because the days just don’t have enough hours in them, and one night of trying to sleep in (only getting an extra twenty minutes or so). There was laundry, of course, I cooked dinner, like, twice…today fried rice with veggies on the side. I loved it. Very dry kernels in curry spices with onion, garlic, mustard seeds and coconut shavings and a really big helping of chopped peanuts. Seriously, just thinking back of it is making my mouth water all over again.

We had an emergency trip with Njanna (Golden Retriever) did I mention that before…gawd my brain is like mush today…and the vet removed a tumor/infection the size of four hamburgers. Poor Njanna, he really didn’t like it that we left him at the hospital for the night, but with a big row of stitches on his hip he is back at home and all is well again.

Other than that, nothing interesting going on really…well, except for big brother and going off the road almost. Phew. That was a close call. Somehow we ended up going up a steep rock incline and just barely made it back to the road. I blame it on the rain really. Could hardly see more than ten feet ahead of the car. Luckily we had 4x4 Land Rover, ‘cause any normal ditzy car would have either crashed and burned against the rock wall, or toppled over. Now all we have to show for it is a few scratches on the bumper and a sore knee for me. *sigh*

There was very little writing these past few days, like I said before, just not enough hours in the day, darn it.

I should really get to it right now, so I’m cutting this short. Who knows, I might actually manage some pictures soon. *sigh*

No comments: