Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Grocery daaaaay! Yuck.

Song of the day: “Broken Strings” by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado. It’s been a while since I had it inside my head, and the last time I think I had mixed the lyrics up into “broken wings”. Hah.

We had hoped to postpone it, because in all seriousness, no one was looking forward to it, but the day has come. The fridge is empty, the flat surfaces of the supply closets are visible and all in all it’s time for us to venture out into the world for another (hold onto your hat) grocery shopping day. Aaaargh.

Now, I was up right on the dot, fully prepared to face the day, write the blog and then get ready to depart when suddenly grandpa comes rushing inside, saying that Clue (chocolate colored Pointer) had a big gash in his thigh, which meant that we had to head on out to the vet to have poor Clue stitched up. Luckily he didn’t mind the trip at all, seeing as he’s pretty much a regular over there. We should be able to pick him up later this afternoon. *sigh*

So let’s do yesterday. We were back at the seedbeds and though the weather was far less pleasant than the days before, it was still doable. The wind was balmy, to say the least, and our tenant actually enjoyed a pretty long trip into the paddock, sat there for a bit while we unloaded the car, and then made it back all the way to her bungalow.
Another good note is that the day before yesterday, she surprised us and her caretaker by getting up out of bed all by herself and make it to her chair. Sure, it was a little scary, since she could very well fall if there’s no one around, but that is her risk to take, of course. She is disabled, not mentally challenged, and taking such a risk is, I think, half the way to full recovery.
Life is all about taking calculated risks, and that, at least, she can do again. Yay.

But back to the seedbeds, the glass is up…some attachments still need to be made, but on the overall the first one is almost completely done. Plans for the greenhouse are beginning to take shape, and we are definitely going to use the shape of the mountain in construction. It might turn out that the place gets up to three different levels, which should definitely make it a quaint place. Hah.

There was some more trimming of trees yesterday, along with hauling all the big debris to the old bus where the woodpile is located. The younger sibs are steadily making their way through the pile to remove the greens and leave only the wood that will be suitable for the hearth.

Though the past few days were abysmal for writing, I managed a total of five pages in three days, meaning that the complete count is now up to 240…oh gawd, and the other day my computer suddenly shut down. Seriously, I just about had a heart attack, but when we took the laptop apart and tried to find the problem, it turned out that the fan was slightly clogged, overheating the machine. Phew. After cleaning it up the problem appeared to be dealt with and I could breathe easy, once more.

And now I have to quit writing, ‘cause time is running out and I really should get busy on getting ready for the… (insert the dreaded G word) Wish me luck, ‘cause I could use it. Hah

No comments: