Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Something different.

Song of the day: “What will be will be (Que sera sera)” by Doris Day.

Let’s do it a little different today, seeing as I don’t want to spent too much time with the blog today, so here’s a little filk/poem thingy to soothe my conscience about not doing this today. If there are errors in it, don’t worry about it, I won’t. Hah.

I really don’t have much to say
For the weather is much too nice today
So I thought let’s do it in rhyme
And that thought well…it is fine

Not much difference with the days before
Construction, carpentry and more
A bit fiddling here and there
Doggies running everywhere

You know, the normal stuff
Really it’s just some fluff
I could bore you silly with details and such
But fun writing to share…no, not all that much

Well, I had some fun
‘Cause let’s face it, there was the sun
My tan is gradually getting here
And yes my freckles are rather clear

Some plants sowed and taken from the ground
The taste, well, it is really sound
In particular the fresh young sugar peas
I’ll have some more, yes, please

Edits every day of the week
Staring at the screen makes me feel like a geek
Hauling stuff up and down
Really, it doesn’t make me frown

Nothing to worry, not a care
The doggies like it, the doggies are there
Even now they lounge in the shade
And really, they’ve got it made

To lounge out there in the dust
Well…it wouldn’t be such a bust
A nap occasionally
Oh yes, that advantage I think I see

A hammock underneath the clear white blooms
So much better than any of the rooms
They’re hot and muggy now in the day
Well so are the nights, what do I say

It is the effect of summer in southern Spain
And really, when you get used to it it’s not a pain
I gladly take the days of heat and sweat
At least, I haven’t regretted it yet

I just see what the day will bring
In the mean time I’ll rant and sing
It matters not just wait and see
What will be will be.

No comments: