Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Chop it off!!! *snort*

Song of the day: “Big yellow taxi” by Joni Mitchell. Cute, very cute. It just goes round and round, following another day of Harry Nelson’s “Coconut”. What am I, stuck in the seventies, or something. *sigh*

Okay, edits went absolutely splendid yesterday…really, I just had to jump in feet first there, and share the good news, hah…but seriously, in the four hours set aside for this particular task, we managed to go through a solid twenty pages at least, bringing us well past the halfway-through mark. Yay. Let’s get this puppy finished…okay, let’s not get overly enthusiastic. Still another 170 pages or so to go, darn it.

A good scene, a death scene, emotionally potent, sweeping my up while reading until I was wildly gesticulating to the text…I was embarrassed, I assure you, but it was too exciting for me to stop myself.

Spain won, by the way, in case you’re just biting on your nails, waiting to find out about the football (soccer) game. I know, the suspense was killing you, but it’s okay, Spain won and I know just how to act like “one of the boys” if someone asks about it. Spanish: “Yay, awesome! Yeah, yeah, great game. Didya see that goal? Luckily they had a good referee, huh. Ah, the stuff of legends. Yay!”
Foreign: “Aww, yeah, too bad, huh? All those yellow cards were just not fair. That referee didn’t know what the heck he was refereeing. Buck up! There’s always a next time, and the next time better luck. Yay!”
See, easy as pie, even if you don’t watch the stuff. Hah.

Harvested a basket full of tomatoes by the way. They are rather delicious, if you must know. Sweet as heck, succulent and the cherry tomatoes. Gawd, I might actually say that I love them. Totally different from the store bought, I’ll say that much for them. We’ve been having bread with freshly plucked/cut veggies for more than a week now and they’re delicious. We also head fresh red beets yesterday. Cut into cubes and then baked in cream and cheese they were downright delectable. Seriously, I could eat them all the time and not get bored of them, which would be good considering they contain high iron and boron…yes, I’ve been reading up on my nutrient lists, seeing as I’ll need more iron, magnesium and vit. C in the future (stupid foot).

It is light reading, really, since if you start paying a lot of attention to such things you’ll start going bonkers from worrying about such things. Nah, it has to be in the back corner of the mind somewhere, taking just a tad more of the stuff you know you need.

What else? Ah yes, we worked on the greenhouse a bit during the evening. Sawed the last bit of wood, put in the bolts that keep the carriers in place, etc. etc. It was nice to use the handsaw again, especially since the last week or two we’ve been mostly working with rock and concrete. Nothing like repetitive movements to get the muscles oiled proper like, after which we went inside to cook dinner for the day, seeing as mom and younger sibs were at the market again during the day…and wished to relax watching the football game, no less. Hah.

We didn’t actually get to eat until after eleven, seeing as the beets took a while to be done, and we still had to go out to get rocks. Considering the entire populace of Spain…or so it seemed…were at home or at the bar watching the “epic” football game, we had the road for ourselves, which was a rather interesting experience, to say the least. It allowed us to be back in time.

While going to get rocks, I took Knight II along. Seriously, that dog doesn’t know the meaning of chasing a rock, stick or ball. He’ll look at it dispassionately and then plasters his 130 pound body against my legs as he waits to see what I’ll do next. Insanity. So, I had to run last night, which was kinda wonderful, until the night fell and I paid for it dearly. Oh my gawd, my foot was, and is, killing me. Stupid growth on my heel feels like a friggin’ tennis ball and my leg is cramping to a point where I just want to chop the darn thing off and be done with it, hah.

But, like the song says: “It’s only pain, it only hurts…” and this too will pass…at some point…I hope…no scratch that, it will. Gotta be positive. Hah. In all seriousness the pain isn’t all that bad, the cramp-like sensation just has the tendency to make me feel a tad panicky, which has no use at all, so let’s not talk about it anymore. That foot better cowboy up, ‘cause I’ve got a life to lead here.

Well, time to get started on the edit again, I guess. Big brother should be here any minute now, and by now breakfast/lunch is rapidly becoming a necessity…seriously, my stomach thinks my throat’s been cut, even though I had two coffee and more water than I even want to contemplate at the moment. Oh, did I say that I have a valid reason go drinking coffee these days? Yep, lotsa magnesium to deal with my deficiency. Hah.

Okay, enough playing around; let’s get to work.

No comments: