Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doctor's visit. Yay.

Song of the day: .....you really don’t wanna know. Nursery rhymes are a pain in the behind, and I am fighting a battle of epic proportions to get rid of them. Aaaargh. And that while the day started so promising with Chris Brown’s “Forever”, darn it.

Well, I don’t have much time today…I know, this is not unusual for me, but what the heck…and considering that I only have about five hours for an edit, this blog is going to take the fall for my second doctor’s appointment later today. Seriously, it is a pain in the butt.

Oh wait, you don’t know of the doctor’s appointment yesterday yet. Really, those people (doctors) freak me out. Sure, my friggin’ foot hurts and yes I had such a bad cramp in my calf the other night I almost passed out, but that doesn’t mean that the guy needs to look as if I’m already on the way to the crematorium. Jeez. I swear, I was more upset (and pained) by the guy’s morose behavior than I have been of feeling like I’m walking on glass for the past few weeks.

Now doctor’s preliminary solution (prior to an Xray and blood test) was padded inlays for my shoes, take it easy (“the work you’re doing isn’t helping” duh, it’s gotta be done still doesn’t it? Unlike you I can’t bill an insurance company an extra hour to make ends meet, grrrr) and a heavy painkiller. Uh-huh, very helpful that. The fastest way not to be careful is not to feel the hurt area. But then, how he thinks Voltaren is going to help, is a mystery to me, considering I’ve learned that the only thing Voltaren helps for is back pains. *sigh*
Thanks, but no thanks, doc. Jeez, if I wanted a painkiller, I would have popped a few…

And there was a ten hour break in the blog, seeing as the edit couldn’t wait, and right after it was time to leave for my appointment. Gawds, talk about wasting a perfectly good day. What with picking up our friend from Marbella for another sleepover, (2 hours lost) and then the rather asinine trip to the hospital (strike off three hours) for an Xray or two.

Luckily there was not a lot of waiting involved, seeing I arrived just when it was my turn, yay. Got to lay down on the dreaded machine again, felt the burning sensation again while they took pictures of all sides of my foot. The “photographer” was nice enough for a change. She didn’t do English, my Spanish is atrocious, so we took our time getting the procedure done, but it went by without a hitch. Now the stupid photos need to be sent to a different town, so an expert can have a look at them (I feel so honoured to be worthy of an expert, really, I do…Aaaargh seriously, been there, done that) so I’ll have my results sometime next week.

Of course, just like always, I was completely and utterly nauseated afterwards, and after big brother and I went to get rocks (yes, we’re still doing that) I chucked up somewhat fierce. Boy what a relief, I definitely felt better after that. Ah yes, the good ol’ days of not keeping anything in, hugging the toilet bowl three times a day (if not more) and just hopping out of the car whenever that stomach decided the filling wasn’t to it’s liking. Gotta love them days. Hah.

But anyways, no matter, afterwards, properly empty, my mouth washed, (feet too…don’t ask) and gum chewed upon so I wouldn’t completely lose my voice, and we could start hauling rocks into the back of the car. We decided not to do a full load, seeing as I was a tad wobbly, but what the hey, not a completely wasted day after all.

Did I say we managed an excellent edit. Yes, we did. Got through a solid 15 pages and were, on several occasions doubling over with laughter…have you guessed what we were reading yet? No? Well, I’ll tell. A love scene, of course. I don’t know why but considering it is vivid, more detailed than anyone needs to know, and looooooong, and exactly the way it is supposed to go in a romance story, the laughter really is inappropriate. Hah.

Be that as it may, I’m going to cut this short, seeing as I need to get up in time tomorrow morning. Another doctor’s appointment, this time a blood test. *sigh* Really, this thing better be serious, or else I’m firing this body. Hah.

No comments: