Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Harvesting still going strong

Song of the day: “Sin sin sin” by Robbie Williams. The guy does have good movies, and somehow always manages to make me laugh with his escapades. Quite an entertainer, that’s a fact.

Yesterday was quite a busy day, darn it, barely had time for anything that was remotely important and substantial, while still being elemental. First of all, we had to go to the consulate to get tenant’s passport, which is a trip of a solid hour, basically to pick up a tiny booklet. Grrr. Afterwards, considering we came through town anyway, we went to the water company, because last week we got a bill that is half of the usual one. At first we were thrilled of course, but then we started thinking of all the hassles with the electricity company when a mess up like this was made and, aaargh.

So there was a trip to the water company, where it turns out that they changed the rules on us again, without us noticing it. The bill counts for January to April, which means that the summer bill won’t be here until three months from now. Yikes. It feels sorta like a stay in execution.

Our friend Dani had to go to what could very well be her new job (tourist shop in the village) so we dropped her off there, before big brother and I went on to the bank because ever since we had to change our account we haven’t been receiving our monthly drafts. Luckily they already knew what we came for, because the director waved us straight into his office and launched into an explanation about the address saying “apartment” instead of PO box. *sigh*

Also, he suggested that it might be cheaper to do insurance through the bank, because they made deals with companies that grants bank members to get discounts. It’s worth some thought, since saving money definitely is a good thing.

But anyway, that done we headed for the car. For a moment I lingered at one of the tourist shops where the owner tried to pawn off this really cute purse/backpack…I’m in the market for a new one, after all…for first 18 bucks, and when I pulled a face at the price (I wasn’t carrying anything except small change, hah) he offered to hand it over for fifteen. I was tempted, but finally decided against it because, lets face it; the one I have might not look good anymore, it does still serve it’s purpose…admittedly, if he’d said ten, I would have scrounged up the change, hah.

Once at home I had to help tenant head on down to the green house, where we would be working during the afternoon. Considering the bad economy, she won’t be able to afford her full time caregiver, so that means we’re going to have to pitch in a little. The necessities taken care of, we slowly, but steadily make our way down, where she spent the rest of the afternoon reading, nibbling and drinking with us. It was a comfortable afternoon, even though we had too few hours to get a lot done.

The query letter is shaping up, I admit. It’s almost as well rounded and cohesive as the one we did for Saving Nina, and considering the responses for that one, I have high hopes, hah.
We are now a chapter or two into the paper edit, which means that we should cowboy up and jump into it feet first. It would help if I weren’t so bloody tired at the end of the day (a day like yesterday, anyway) ‘cause last night I was lucky I could find my pillow before I passed out.

Once done with the day’s computer work, it was time to do some serious harvesting, because what with grocery shopping on Monday, we hadn’t gotten to it at all. Heck Monday night we barely managed to water all the plants that needed watering. Luckily, last night we did manage, and got two full crates of tomatoes, a crate full of zucchini (yes, they’re still going strong) several sweet corn, and a crate full of red beets.

Of course, by the end of the day by foot was hurting like fff…hmmm, you know what…but since there was a crate of kiwis to take care of, along with the majority of tomatoes, big brother and I spent the majority of the evening, cooking tomato soup (it worked out well, yay) and a huge kiwi pie. This one didn’t work out so well, except for the taste, which is bloody splendid. Yep, we’ll be eating pie this afternoon.

Tomatoes that were damaged, blemished, or whatever, were dog food and the darlings loved it, I assure you. Some prefer zucchini however, but since we had more than enough of those too, all had however their little hearts desired.

Well, that’s it for me. I’m going to have myself some breakfast/lunch and then get to work on the book.

No comments: