Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Snoozing. Grrr.

Song of the day: “The walk of life” by the Dire Straights. How very appropriate, hah.

Well, it’s been a friggin’ busy couple of days and yet there was very little that got done, darn it. The edits…there just wasn’t any time for it, really, and that frustrated me to no end. Added to that, I was so darn tired that by the time midnight arrived I couldn’t, for the life of me, keep my eyes open.

Seriously, yesterday morning, we had to leave early, and while driving all the way to Marbella, I had to be careful about falling to sleep…you know? While driving? Aaaah. But anyway, luckily big brother drove back, with our visiting friend keeping him company while I promptly nodded off. It was a tad embarrassing, ‘cause I think I drooled. Hah.

We had to make a quick trip to this gift card store, so our friend to put an add in the paper, and then it was back home for us…but I’m so getting ahead of myself, seeing as I completely skipped the day before yesterday when I had that appointment with the doable doctor. Admittedly today it was less the case, what with him having shaved, but what the heck. I got my insoles, which set me back a solid sixty bucks. Yikes! That took my by surprise for sure, but after walking on them a bit (there are three weird lumps in their centers) I had to admit that they were worth every penny.

It’s far from comfortable, and it causes a certain numbness that I don’t like at all, but the pain is less because of them. Supposedly I have to get used to them (and I agree, because after an hour my legs were exhausted) first one hour, then two, etc, etc. We’ll see how it goes.

Okay, what’s up…we’ve been clearing out one of the old pool rooms. What with one being used by our weekly visitor, we really need to get some storage space cleared, meaning the small one, where we took everything out and put in shelving. Considering that ever since the day before yesterday REAL summer temperatures arrived, and when I say real, I mean sweltering, I’ve been sweating somewhat fierce. Since I had a major headache yesterday, I failed to appreciate summer. Hah.

Tenant spent the majority of the last couple of days with us, and because it was so hot yesterday, I took her to the pool where she could cool off for a bit. She enjoyed it a lot, but what with my mood, I was rather relieved when her caregiver returned.

There was watering the plants, of course, harvesting…tomatoes spouting from our ears, remember…and just enjoying the end of the day with a slight decrease in temperatures. Regretfully our pumpkin came loose, while I was checking it for spots, so we’ll have to make due with a fifteen pound one, only. Darn it!
Hah.

Though we did some more changes in the manuscript in the last few hours of the day, I was really too tired to do a lot and decided to just give up for the day and crash before I passed out.

Now I’ve slept a solid eight hours and it is splendid. Sure, I could have easily slept on another few hours, but I feel a lot better. We even got to clearing out the old shelving in the pantry and put in the new storage closet. It looks so cute. I gotta find more of those cupboards, because especially with the blue and red grandpa used to paint them, it’s a great piece of furniture.

The dogs didn’t much like the morning activity. In fact, they were watching us wearily throughout the chore, squeaking when we’d accidentally stand on a paw or tale, while they stretched out right there where we were working, aaargh.
Which reminds me, (don’t ask me why it does) what is it with dogs and lying in the sun when the temperatures are well above thirty? I’m serious. Right now, Knight II, Sitabah and Dax are all stretched out on the tiles in the full blare of sunlight. Idiots!

Time to get to work for me…I’m starting to yawn again, damn it.

No comments: