Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Oops!

Song of the day: “Relax” by Frankie goes to Hollywood…at least I think that’s what the band’s called. I don’t have a clue why this one is in my head, seeing as I don’t even like it, but there you have it. Blaring in my brain, over and over, driving me friggin’ bonkers.

Hit 70 pages for the manuscript, yay. Coming along nicely, I should say, though if I hadn’t needed to go out every single day I might have been able to get more done, since I would have been able to keep my eyes open in the evening, aaargh.

So let’s do this fast, big brother is waiting impatiently for me to do this blog thing. I had a little accident last night at my place. We were talking in the middle of the living room, it was right before saying goodnight, when something underneath my floor said: “SNAP!” while both big brother and I were jostled about.

Turns out…after we broke the floor open and looked through the mess beneath, that two of the concrete support beams had come loose and went down a solid two inches on the right side of the cabin.
Considering we’ve only propped two up so far with the car jack propped underneath and then wedging solid concrete blocks underneath that should survive a nuclear holocaust. Hah.

Only one more block to go, and then it is putting the wooden floor back in. My dogs have been seriously freaked out about the missing floor by the way. Knight II has been possessively stretched out on the last remaining three feet that didn’t need to come out, while the rest is looking forlorn as if asking me, “Boss, seriously, where are we supposed to sleep tonight?” Poor darlings.

Yesterday, another scorcher, much like today is going to be, in case you’re wondering, was spent digging part of the ditch that will serve as waterway in the near future. It ain’t funny work in high summer, but it’s gotta be done before rainy season. Since it was so hot, I also had to take tenant to the pool so she could cool off a little…which I should do before resuming with the floor, ‘cause the poor woman is heating up to match the outside temperature fast.

Well, I’ve got a floor to fix, a pool to dive into, maybe have something other than brunch in the near future, plants to water and maybe, by the time the evening drops in, I might actually get some more writing done. It would be awesome.

Gotta go.

No comments: