Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

At the park.

Song of the day: “You oughta know” by Alanis Morrisette. Gawd, it’s been a while since I had that one. Good song, though. Very angry girl music, eh.

Once again I am seated at that little park in Málaga while the car is at the shop. Strange. Now it is even colder, even though the sun is out this time…albeit that it is not reaching me yet, darn it. I should have brought a darn coat, because apparently a sweater is not enough.

Well, let’s get to it, shall we. Might as well get this over with, rather than prevaricate about the whole thing.
Day before yesterday was a work day, of course. Meaning that I got to deliver papers once more to the gold coast. There were some ups and downs, but seeing as I opted to wear sneakers, rather than my boots with insoles, it wasn’t as excruciating as the last time.

As it turns out, the soles work just fine for the Plantars faciitis, but don’t so me much good for the calcification on my heels. If it weren’t so stupid of me not to realize, I would sue the company that made those shoes and thus wrecked my foot (albeit temporarily, seeing as I fully intent to overcome this particular problem in the near future). *sigh* What the soles also do is exacerbate the latter, making my frigging foot feel like it is shredded to pieces and fifty pounds too heavy by the end of the day.

Ah well, so it wasn’t entirely shredded, nor was it fifties pounds (only thirty) on Monday, and thus vastly doable for as far as I was concerned.
The paper owner dude…I really should think of something to call him. Hmmm. Paperman? Paperguy? Let’s just call him John Doe, shall we. That way I can rant about him if I ever feel so inclined, without fearing that I’ll decimate him a way that could get me into trouble. Hah.

So, John Doe, finally remembered to take along the sales contracts, that, in the minute chance that I somehow, at some point feel inclined to try to sell advertising space to some unlucky first-try person, (seriously, that contract looks mighty complicated) I’ll at least have something to show them…then of course, I still don’t have the actual pricing list…he just gave me a general idea of explaining the front page to me, which means, he pointed at different sizes and then summed up: that size is 10, that 20 that one 85 that one 35 and a whole page is 150. Excellent! Now, if I had a photographic memory, I would just be able to call that up whenever I need it, and voila. Hah.

But, even though I sound a mite sarcastic, I am trying to look at the entire thing in a positive way. Seriously, my goal in life is not to bring around papers of course. The main goal is, naturally, as I am sure you are well aware, writing! Now, I am not picky, the top ten of the New York Times best seller list will be just fine. I don’t need nr. 1, 2 is good too *chortle*. But in the mean time, there are dogs to feed (let’s face it 80 something of ‘m need lots of food) people to feed, me to feed and bills to pay. So…I am keeping my temporary options open and try to see where it’ll get me.

I mean really, what is life without a challenge? If I cannot decide to enjoy myself while I gradually make my way towards the thing I want to achieve, then what is the point of being here at all. Sure, I could find bringing papers around every week as annoying, or tedious…heck, if I let myself do that, every job will be a bother at some point…or I could say: this is what needs to be done, and by Gawd, I will enjoy myself eve n if it kills me. Because really, what do I have to gain by letting myself be miserable. I could let it be ruled by fate (e.i. get screwed over in most cases) and pretend that I have no say whatsoever in how I feel, or I decide to get as much from the experience as I can. Because, let’s face it, life is supposed to be an adventure, isn’t it? Well, I chose it to be anyway.

Oooohkay, enough positivism talk, that is after all a personal thing and everyone has their own view (as they should) on such thing. Personally, I kind of like this one because I dislike feeling bad, but what the hey. To each his/her own. Hah.

Right, so the route went well, got everything right, didn’t have car trouble, and got home at a decent time. Didn’t have to get out early either to do the village since it was a national holiday and everything was closed. Got to do the last papers today instead, at the crack of dawn before we headed for the city to our garage appointment.

Today I am with our friend Dani by the way (she says “Hi!”) since Big Brother had to go in the opposite direction with Daewoo instead, to pick up our other friend in Marbella. Meaning thaty I will be seated here another two hours or so, because he has to bring said friend home and then head this way to pick us up.

*sigh*

Yesterday, seeing as we didn’t need to go out was spent with a variety of chores. We did a bit more on the greenhouse, adding small pieces of glass to the top, support beams to the eaves, and painting some more slats.

Also, since big brother really didn’t need any help with the glass, I spent some time pulling weeds from the pots and containers, and earlier trimming trees while he and grandpa fixed the outside light fixtures of tenant’s caregiver’s apartment.

The dogs were ecstatic with our being home on Tuesday morning for a change, trotting along cheerfully and lying down around (and on top of) our feet as if there was no tomorrow. Of course there is no tomorrow for the dogs, but what the heck. They loved it.

Mom is feeling poorly at the moment. A touch of flu, apparently, but the immune system will have to take care of it, seeing as that will be the case no matter what.

Big brother and I have both been working on putting together pieces of bamboo wood, because we intent to make a new books for between the front seats of the Land Rover, made entirely of beautiful bamboo wood, and it is coming along nicely. I will take pictures, but when the time comes to post them, I don’t know. Hah.

Editing has been going steady, so let's skip that part, shall we?

Well, that is about it for now, I guess. I had my two cups of coffee writing this, went to the bathroom once, and now I’m going to have to kill time doing some reading, or something.

Let’s see if, by the next time I write my blog we’ll have the car back, eh?

No comments: