Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, October 15, 2010

An update in pix.

Song of the day: "Men in this town" by Shakira. I know, I know. Running behind again, but today pictures will have to do the trick. Considering it took me almost an hour to load them, I'm of a mind to leave them on the "last post" page for at least a week. Aaaargh.

But anyway. It's been incredibly busy the last couple of days. I've been painting a lot, so I'm paint splattered like the reverted Dalmatian. Jeez. Also putting glass up on the greenhouse, fixing the car bumper, cutting glass, planting seedlings up in the old horse paddock. All sorts of cabbages and onions. Helping tenant down to the basin so she'd have company. Cleaning Bommel's ears again and all those little things that make the days just too short. *sigh*

Here are some pics, as I've been promising for months.


Oh yeah. So, I'm totally not in the mood to arrange them all, so you'll just have to figure what they approximate sequence is. This would be that big harvest I mentioned some time during the summer, hah.


This is...well, just a picture that I thought was pretty. It's of the basin greenhouse, former pool rooms terrace, by the way. In case you were wondering. Hah.


The pool this summer. Didn't the bougainvillea look absolute gorgeous?


KNIGHT II
I was checking the pics and burst out laughing seeing this one. Seriously, he does this all the time. If there is a chair, he will sit in it. *sigh*


See, Knight II and Dax. They're attached to the hip at times and also complete opposites.


This is the greenhouse prior to the glass, soon I'll add them with glass, I promise.


Oh yeah, this was during the fire. Choppers flying overhead all day. Going back and forth.


Oh, gawd, almost forgot. My future hardwood floor. The color doesn't come out right in the pic, but it's mahogany, I think and exactly right for my sitting room. I can hardly wait!


This was when my floor had broken and we had to take it all apart to fix the beams underneath. The dogs loved that, by the way. Getting in front of our feet is a favorite pass time of theirs.


The fire...or at least the smoke from it. I was standing in the garden...picture somewhere below here.


My cabin right after grandpa painted it. Doesn't it look cute. I still can't get over the fact that I live in a cabin these days. Seriously, as a little girl, I would have killed for it.


Right. Basin wall right after making it water proof and smooth. I'm starting to get good at it. Hah.


This was when we were doing the bottom of the basin. The sun was sweltering and those fabrics over it really did the trick.


The balustrade we made to make walking just a wee bit safer for tenant. Works like a a charm by the way. She uses it as support on her way to the greenhouse terrace.


Part of the waterworks that we put in. Work like a charm, considering the basin is halfway full already...and that while we still haven't painted it still.


This would be the warty pumpkin I mentioned several times. Tasty and sorta big, as you can see from the big tomato on top.


This would be the garden pic I mentioned in the smoke picture. We were going for the tropical yard image, as you can see. Hah.


This is the storage for the dog food that we put together. It is all painted now, but seeing as I don't have a pic for that yet, this will have to do.

Gotta go. This took way too much time. Hah.

No comments: