Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

KO...almost anyway. :-)

Song of the day: “Samson” by Regina Spector. It’s been coming and going for two days so it will do as song of the day.

Let me just start off by saying *sigh*. Seriously, I am glad that these first days of the week are over. If there are no disasters I just might be able to get some stuff done at home.

First of all, yesterday morning was spent heading for the doctor. Remember the Anemia? Well, apparently the doc thinks it smart to test it again, and thus draining me of more. Seriously, I don’t get the medical branches. How am I supposed to get my blood levels back up to level if he’s constantly getting more to test? Bonkers, I tell ya. But anyway, I was lucky enough to get a newbie drawing blood from me. Seriously, I was wondering why the seven people before me were taking a solid twenty minutes each (along the lines of, how much blood are they drawing, fer cryin’ out loud?). I realized what was up the moment the girl could not locate a vein and basically swabbed my entire arm before she settled on the back of my hand. She wasn’t delicate either, seriously, it felt like she hit bone or something, hah.

But anyway, big brother drove with me to Marbella where we went to pick up our friend for her weekly visit, and even though I drove back, I was gradually feeling worse and worse. I don’t know what the heck happened, but by the time I finished correcting that price list error at the insurance company, and the bed linen store (for my sales job, remember. They were good sports about it, in case you’re wondering) I had a splitting headache and was seriously contemplating passing out. Rather than risk going off the road, I kicked big brother from the passenger seat, and had him drive us home.

By then it was really bad so I went directly to bed and hauled the dogs on the mattress with me. Chaos was absolutely ecstatic and actually liked the fact that I flopped down on top of him. Knight II didn’t mind either, and started stretching out against me, almost pushing me off the bed before I drifted off to sleep and was gone for a solid hour.

By the time I resurfaced I was feeling decidedly better and headed to the carport to help big brother sawing MDF boarding for the closet grandpa wants built there. We first had lunch, of course, seeing as we’d skipped breakfast, but then got right to it. While I was asleep I apparently missed some of the excitement, seeing as mom and the younger sibs had decided to take our visitor and tenant out to town for a late lunch.

We were done with the sawing and other preparations by the time they returned, and headed out into the yard to check the veggies and water some of the spots that wouldn’t make it through to today. Such a wonderful way to end the day, heading out into the yard like that. *sigh*

The rest of the day was spent writing a bit, and editing several pages. Almost done with both, by the way. I’m 2000 words short of the minimum required for this type of book, so, knowing me, I will probably end up making it too friggin’ long again. Darn it.

So what I have I failed to say, besides the fact that even though I had fully planned to spent today at home, we had to head on over to town because the car dealer rang to tell me that the gestor, or traffico had lost my paperwork. Aaaargh. Knowing them, they probably lost it themselves, but what the heck; I had to go there so they could make copies once more. (Third time, round, in case you’re wondering, hehehe.)

This morning big brother and I worked on the Land Rover, where I fixed the handle above the left back seat, and we worked on the passenger front door which has been “wobbly” for several weeks now. Apparently one of the bolts got loose and there was a fraction in the metal covering. Managed to fix both, so, no biggie.

Oh gawd, I haven’t mentioned grandpa’s moped yet, have I. Well, that sent us out as well, seeing as the poor vehicle died this very morning and according to the garage it will take more than two-hundred bucks to fix it. Rather than just shell it out, we have decided to try to fix the Suzuki Katana first, rather than just shell it out. If we manage it, we’ll be able to save at least a bit of money.
Big brother and grandpa are working on it right now, in fact, so I’ve got to wrap this up and head on down to the yard.
Since they are busy, I’m going to have to do the watering on my own. Not that I mind, seeing as it is getting mighty chilly and I really should get some movement to warm up.

No comments: