Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A bit of maudling, maybe.

Song of the day: “I’m like a bird” by Nelly Furtado. Such a cheery song, a good one to have tumbling through your head, really, considering you can sing all kinds of varieties on it. Hah.
Yesterday’s song was Belinda Carlisle “Vision of you”, which, as always reminds me of being 13 and reading the Chronicles of Belgariad and Malorean by David Eddings (ten fat tomes together) in one week. Awesome! Sure, I didn’t sleep, but who needed sleep wandering through that particular world.

I’m not so sure why, but for some reason memories of my childhood have been going through my mind. Seriously, big brother and I were a bunch of savages, really. Together with our variety of friends and cousins we would set out into the wild (the woods behind the house, duh) and play Indians, or members of the resistance, or just to build tree houses, underground lairs and spaceships. Sometimes, when I think of the past, I will remember all the places we would go and the mischief we would get into.

At one particular point, I remember we were stalking the local scouting club. Gawd, the fun we had circling the camping ground like proper guerrilla warriors. The coolest thing of it was jumping up, calling something incredibly rude (there was a big echo there) and then dive into cover again…and then have half the club start a search party. They didn’t get us either, we were pretty darn good at stealth and would disappear into the woods that we knew as well as the backs of our hands, hehehe. For another hour we would linger close by, keeping track of our pursuit and then disappeared by taking a short cut through the corn fields. Boy, it was massive fun, and so “dangerously” exciting.

Oh, the stuff we pulled back then…makes me smile now.

But anyway, big brother is a bit annoyed with me at the moment, seeing as I should have done this blog earlier today, and promptly forgot about this stuff at all. I should already be writing, darn it. Only twenty more pages to go after all, and most of the first edit already done. Yay.

What’s been happening…blanking, blanking…oh yeah. Still working on that closet in the carport. Almost done now, though, even though I went wrong three times in total and had to correct the error. (Nothing is quite as annoying as working on someone else’s design. It never works out, hah.) Still, it’s up now; four big drawers and two doors for the big section. It’s looking…big, I guess. Solid too. And, well, I guess I’m going to have to take a picture, won’t I?

What else? Well, tenant has been walking a lot, and unaided so that is a definite Yay for her. I made a big pan of pumpkin soup, what with the season being right for it and all, and this rather wonderful orange pumpkin just waiting to be ate I could not help myself. There was only meat in it, and a few seeds, but otherwise no space inside, it was beautiful, not to mention absolutely delicious mixed with fresh Basil, oregano, chives, leek, onion and peppers. Then I added some milk, salt, sugar and pepper, and…well, I ate it twice already, hah.

Oh, right the moped debacle. Well, we took the thing apart, checked the wiring and everything else we could think of, cleaned it of dirt and whatnot and then, put it back together again. At which point big brother and grandpa packed it up and brought it to the village to see if the garage would fix it. Turns out our usual guy doesn’t work on Suzukis so that means that we’re going to have to go to town (by the end of the week due to another bank holiday on Monday, grrrr, and work) and see if we can find a different garage. I do hope they can fix it, because grandpa is feeling a tad handicapped without his “trusty steed” hah.

We gardened some more…well in this case that meant heading out into the yard by the end of the day to water the plants. But it was nice, even though the temperatures are rapidly dropping, especially in the evenings. There is a threat of rain, by the way, so we’ve also been busy putting stuff away in car rain actually falls. Better safe than sorry, in this case.

I’ve got a new (temporary) bamboo rug in my cabin, by the way. Did I tell of it already? I don’t recall. Anyways, it looks rather well, if I may say so, and it goes particularly well with my rattan seats and the metal chest/coffee table between them. Makes the cabin look a lot neater too, which really was necessary. Boy, I can’t wait to start on my floor, though. It will look gorgeous, I’m sure.

The swelling on Knight II’s paw finally burst (phew, I was afraid I would have to take him to the vet’s again. That dog has some serious issues healing, that’s a fact) oozing a nice bit of white sludge, which should bring the swelling down in a few days at least. He’s a bit feverish though, so that means keeping an eye on it, and cleaning it twice a day. He’s a strong dog, though, so all should be well.

I’ve got to admit that, so far, I am still enjoying the job, I am rather happy that we’re going to have another day at home. Heck the dogs will be ecstatic as well, seeing as they don’t like Monday and Tuesday at all. Poor darlings.

Last night I took the opportunity to do some exercise…I do love it so and try to do it at least once a week…and kicked and hit the heck out of my boxing bag. Seriously. Kick boxing. You’ve gotta try it. Nothing else gets your blood pumping quite that way. Besides, it makes ya sweat too. Ten minutes into the session I’ll be dripping. Hah.

Well, I’ve got to get to work. Though today was a constant of activity, from eleven to eight, at least, there’s still several hours of computer work ahead, so. Bye, bye.

No comments: