Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, November 1, 2010

The little stuff that make it fun.

Song of the day: “Bubbly” by Colbie Calliat. Such a cute little song, and it does cross my mind every now and then.

So I’m going to keep this as short as possible because I still got a load of stuff to do and very little time to do it in.
Temperatures have been dropping rapidly these past few weeks, meaning that during the nights the mercury is going as low 13 degrees. Seriously, I’m cocooning as of yesterday, meaning that I take a second blanket to roll myself in before I crawl under the winter blanket and the dogs. Hah.

Writing has been going rather splendidly these past couple of days. I have crossed the minimum amount of words and am now working on wrapping the story up within the next 5 to 7000 words. It should work, seeing as that allows me at least thirty pages or so to do it in. Added a total of ten pages, so, YAY!

Though admittedly it is rather cool this past week (with even a bit of rain the other day) the days are wonderfully sunny, if not incredibly windy, so heading into the yard is an absolute pleasure. The dogs love it too, but it is a clear sign that old Bommel is close to nearing his end, poor fella. He rather goes inside where it is warm and he can find a soft spot to snooze, instead hobbling after me. It makes me sad to think that soon he won’t be there anymore…so I better not think of it. Some things in life are the way they are, and as such, I should accept them.

Though yesterday we enjoyed more of the pumpkin soup, I made tomato zucchini soup this morning, because we went through that two-gallon pan as if it were water. Got the same amount now, and even though big brother doesn’t like tomato soup all that much (I know, I told him he was insane too) we did finish half a gallon already. Hah. But I used the tomatoes we’d frozen this summer, along with a bag of sliced zucchini and it worked out well. Yay.

Yesterday was mostly spent working on small jobs in the carport. First up was my office chair, which needed new fabric over the seat and backrest. Worked out well, if I do say so myself, considering it looks like new now.

Next came my boots. First my fancy heeled ones, which I really should have available for when I need to go to an appointment or some such. Then came my Sancho boots. They’re of real sturdy leather (old cowboy boots design) and snake leather. I don’t know whether it is fake or not, but I love those boots…and somehow the dogs got hold of them a year or two ago. As it turns out, we had a batch of leather with matching colors, so I managed to sow in new patches wherever the dogs wrecked them. Sure, they don’t look like the original anymore, but at least it is no longer as noticeable as the ragged-chewed upon leather. Hah

After some mild gardening, meaning we jerked out some weeds, gathered peppers, tomatoes and a couple of mini pumpkins, and checked if anything needed water. It was wonderful, and I took some gorgeous pictures of the view before we headed back up to the carport to finish our chores.
Once done with the closet in the carport, it was dark and we went to the house for our daily session behind the computer.
Seriously, that went really well, and I sure hope I can set my mind to it again today, because let’s face it, I wanna finish this story so I can start on the next. I’ve got three ideas tumbling through my head and I really need to write them down soon. Hah.

Okay, one page and something extra. I was a good girl in keeping my promise of a short post, eh?
I’m heading out. Gotta work tomorrow so I’ll be back ‘round Wednesday at the latest…I know, who cares, right?

No comments: