Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A day early for a change.

Song of the day: “Sympathy for the devil” by the Rolling Stones, right? I don’t know the entire lyrics, ‘cause the only thing that sticks in my head is the beginning, which I remember from the last shot from the movie “Interview with a Vampire”, which was a totally awesome movie.

I know. I’m ahead of my usual schedule, but, even though I don’t need to show up at the restaurant & cocktail lounge if it rains, a brisk wind started blowing about an hour ago, so that could mean that tomorrow the sky is clear again (poor plantsies), meaning I won’t be here to do my blog. So I’ll do a quickie now and get it over and done with. Hah.

I’m doing a bit better. Though I don’t see any use in mourning a beloved companion, my emotions did not agree with it, and decided to linger on the entire mess. So I’ve been a tad down, which doesn’t do anyone any good, I guess. Heck I even had trouble doing my usual rounds on Amazon’s forum at the KTT. Usually that cheers me right up, but I got the heck out of there before my mood became apparent.

Ah well, no harm done in the end. I just went through the day doing my chores and whatnot, and at the end of the day, I settled behind the computer for a wonderfully distracting editing session. Got the second edit up to page 43 so that was good, and when it was time to call it a day, I decided to go for broke and headed for the carport rather than bed.

Nothing like a good workout session of an hour and a half to help you get your mind of things. Never mind how very necessary it is to pound on, and kick at, something after a rather horrible day. Seriously, that bag didn’t know what hit him.

I was properly exhausted by the end of the evening, I assure you. Heck, I barely managed to read a chapter of The Shadow of a Ghost before I passed out for the night and slept all the way through no less.

The dogs were a tad more quiet than usual, I’ll admit. I wonder if they missed Bommel, the way I did, because Sitabah, Touri and Dax didn’t even go through their rat hunting routine when I opened the door for them. Either I’ve gotten so used to the ritual that I didn’t notice it anymore, or they didn’t do it yesterday…whichever it is, it was a tad freaky.

This morning arrived cloudy and cold. According to the weather stations it will rain, but now, at almost eight in the evening, it is still not raining, so I doubt it. First things up were the morning chores such as laundry, of course, after which I head headed up to tenant’s place to see how her night was. She was right cheery, but didn’t feel like doing any exercises today. I headed back down to dig up a white blouse somewhere, because the one I tried to bleach the other day, still didn’t look white at all. It’s almost as if the fabric is pinkish from itself, and thus cannot lose any color.

But anyway, I found another blouse that fits, is clean and after ironing it out it looked neat enough for me to wear tomorrow. Along with my black pants, white sneakers and black T for underneath, I think it will do the trick well enough “at work”. Waiter Sam. Yep. The outfit’s there, now let’s hope that the attitude will follow suit. Hah.

After sorting through the clothes bit, I headed on up to the Land Rover, and once I’d checked the oil, I took one look at the massive piles of rocks littering part of the road, I decided to tackle it post haste.

It took me three hours to haul all the stones from the road and pile them up by the main wall, but now there is a decent amount of space for the Land Rover to park, and all the rubbish that was lying around the spread out piles is now on a pile in the old paddock. We’ll be bringing it to the local landfill by tomorrow.

Seriously, after yesterday’s exercise, followed by the rock hauling, every single muscle in my body was screaming…still is, as a matter of fact. So is my foot, FYI, (had to ice it tonight) but compared to today, tomorrow will be a piece of cake…I hope. Hah. Nothing like hauling two thousand pounds of rocks for a few hours. It’ll get the blood pumping and the muscles hot in no time.

No matter, though. The road is clear, and I got it all done while big brother continued his work on the imperial. He’s almost ready with it by the way and the metal contraption looks awesome, in case you’re wondering. As soon as it’s painted, we’ll put it on the Land Rover so I can take a picture. It makes the car look more squad, if that makes any sense?

I’ve got the ceiling covering for tenant done, by the way, as soon as grandpa has tackled the electrical wiring (he insisted on doing that) I’ll be putting it up, meaning that the solarium will be as good as ready.

After the rock-hauling bit, big brother and I spend about an hour taking apart wooden pallets and such, so grandpa won’t need to, and then after a quick snack of potato cookies, headed out into the yard to do some harvesting. The peppers are doing rather well still. We found a few tomatoes as well, along with two pumpkins and a bushel of celery. The clouds were pretty glooming while we were out there, by the way. The city was literally black with the clouds, and on the western side, over the five-knuckle mountain, thick clouds broke apart on occasion to show bright yellow light falling through. Very impressive, I’ll admit, and I took pictures. Hah.

Well, this should do that trick. I don’t know if I will have enough time to post before Tuesday, but I’ll try.

No comments: