Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Late quickie.

Song of the day: “Flying Solo” by Ilse Delange. A delightful song, really. I do enjoy country tremendously from time to time.

As you can see, I’m running dreadfully late again, and considering I just came home from “the route” this is going to be a quickie post, I think. Tomorrow will be another early day, since we haven’t done the village yet, and we need to go to Malaga again. The Land Rover garage will be our destination because, those idiots in the village garage definitely messed stuff up when they put in the new juntas. Seriously, two more leaks sprung at the bottom, which we now need to have repaired, again.

There is also the matter of the leak by the joint of the front right wheel, and something with the starter, so that’ll dig into our savings once more. It is almost as if the friggin car is jinxed, or something. I don’t even remember how often we have needed to fix something now…I could of course go back through all the posts of the past year or two, but that would take ages so I’m just going to leave it at a lot.

So let me just bring you up to date as to the projects at home. Put in half the wall of tenant’s solarium, and it looks so cute. Of course there wasn’t enough time to finish it, so now the thing is still half open…and that while the temperatures have rapidly dropped since last night. Under ten and that is incredibly early for this area. Usually we don’t have this ‘till the end of January.

But anyway, we deposited tenant in the full sunshine this afternoon, so she spent the majority of the afternoon nice and toasty on my porch. Which was a good thing, considering she’d been freezing most of the morning.
Considering big brother baked potatoes and nuggets for lunch, we shared it with her and her caregiver, just so she’d have some company. I think she is starting to get used to the fact that we’re not here for mostly two to three days a week.

The dogs were not at all in agreement to the activities of the past couple of days because due to the remodel of tenants place tenant and grandpa’s dogs were running free, which meant that we had to keep our dogs within the center garden rather than risk disaster at the fences. Let’s just say that they were vastly disgruntled every time any one of us got near to the gate, They were of course thrilled when twilight fell and it became time to call it a day.

Gardening: It was wonderful, I know that I keep saying the same thing over and over again, but it just is. If it were up to me I’d spend the entire day down there (was sorely tempted this morning, mind you. I had to get some herbs for the salad I was making for when we went to work) just working in the sunshine out of the wind.

Writing: For the most part I’m wrapping up what is left of unfinished scenes and most of the formatting has been dealt with, so soon we will be able to start on a serious edit, followed closely behind by a paper edit, which is essential when it concerns getting a book publisher ready.

The route: It went well, I think, even though my mind kept tumbling towards the most recent issue of yet another repair. I hate it when I start worrying about things that I cannot change, but there you have it. Not that it mattered, all things considered. The job got done, and I had some nice chats with people along the way.

I’ve got an appointment on Thursday with the nice lady from the cocktail lounge & restaurant. I’m going to outline my plans and such at that time, explain what I want and how I want to do it.
With a little luck I’ll then be able to set a date for when I can start.

A bit of depressing news, I heard that unlike the ten years I thought the average Great Danes live, it turns out that the average age is six to seven, which had me going like “dayam” Seriously, I’m going to be a serious shaite when that moment arrives way too quickly. I’m going to have to strive to getting him to live longer because I cannot deal with just another three to four years.

Okay, moving on because I could lose some serious tears over this if I let myself. Six to seven years? Aaaargh.

Back to the route: I didn’t see the nice Indian waiter I usually banter with. He was busy I guess, ‘cause two of his colleagues were playing cricket on the street. I chatted with the friendly lady at the fish and chips place. She didn’t think her boss had changed his/her mind, so she said to expect to hear from them as soon as possible…after tomorrow since at the moment they are in the UK.

I also chatted a bit (teeny bit) with a guy at a bar, either the manager or owner, who was bored out of his mind due to a lack of customers, and he asked if everything was so bloody quiet today. It was, and I told him such while I cooed at his cute little dog (named Victor) who really couldn’t get enough of my pack-of-dogs-scent.
Fiction wise, tonight was a little freaky. In a book horrific stuff could have happened. Hah.

We were home just after eleven today, so we were definitely well on time. Yay. We got the route down pat now, I think..

Well, time for bed for me. Lots more to do tomorrow, and that is not counting the trip to the city.

No comments: