Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Groceries done for now.

Song of the day: All sorts of Sound of Music songs, actually. Tenant watched the movie the other day, so the friggin’ songs have been going through my head constantly. Aaargh.

Which reminds me, yesterday was grocery shopping day and it was once again a doozy, thank you very much. Seriously, we did it in a speedy fashion, but I was absolutely finished by the time I finally sat down and tried to focus on writing.

I made a brave effort until midnight, editing about six pages, considering writing was downright impossible (what with my brain being mud and everything) and then gave up to head for bed early. Slept a solid eight hours! I know, I was stunned too, but there you have it. I woke at nine thinking I could do another forty minutes, but discovered I couldn’t and got up to face the day anew.

Am I getting ahead of myself? Did I forget something vital to tell about yesterday? I don’t think so. Nope, yesterday was just your average grocery shopping hell, so let’s leave it at that, shall we?

Today started with a splendidly sunny morning and I rushed through the morning chores such as laundry so I could head out into the yard. Oh it was downright wonderful. Everything is green, the sun was shining so bright it hurt my eyes and for the first time in days the wind has stopped blowing for real. Splendid! I mean it, I could have stayed down there permanently, picking peppers, tomatoes and whatnot, but alas after weeding through the patches, yanking out massive plants that had no business being there, everything that had to be done was done.

Instead we went to the greenhouse to plant some small lettuce plants in pots. We’re going to see how it works, because we really want to have fresh veggies this winter as well, so this is the experiment. While we were busy there anyway, we also brought the young eucalypti that we’d been nursing to the rest of the young trees so they can become strong for when we start putting them in the ground. The plan is to fill the slope over the old bus, which will create more privacy and if necessary wood, in the future.

The dogs were, of course, ecstatic heading out into the yard. In fact while I was trying to get into the veggie garden with only my better trained, Mosha, Knight II, Dax and Sitabah, Touri and Chaos barged right through too. Seriously, you have no idea how fast a Basset can be if he wants to, but I tried to catch him, and couldn’t. Normally you can’t get him to move faster than a snail’s pace, and yet when he wants something he can go from zero to fifty in a New York second…big gorgeous bastard…and he knows his worth too, of course, moseying through the plants as if there was no tomorrow. He almost killed an eggplant plant before I finally managed to catch him, in fact.

Okay, writing wise it was a slow day yesterday, (just the editing, remember) but, considering I only need to wrap up a few more scenes and check for fact, things are really going along nicely in that area. I’m thinking that by the end of the month we’ll have the story done and can start sending it out. I also started on the synopsis, so, yeah. Okay. Don’t know what else to write about, so I’m going to leave it at this. Time for me to have something eat (skipped breakfast as usual…who has the time for stuff like that anyway) and then continue on with tenant’s solarium. It’s looking good. :-)

2 comments:

Ron Mylar said...

The whole of the concept about the garden is described here with full concentration and like your post as you have given all the details.

Samaya Young said...

Hi, Ron.
Glad you enjoyed the read.