Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Building with rocks again. Yay!

Song of the day: “A little time” by The Beautiful South. Had it before, will probably have it again. Hah.

Yep, still eating pumpkin soup and it is only getting better with age. Hah. Gawd, without exaggeration I just kept eating. Seriously, dipping French bread into the stuff and then just stuffing yourself is absolutely divine.

This very morning and afternoon, we were down by the greenhouse and resumed building the rock wall on the outside of the basin. Got it all one layer high now, and the first step of what will soon be the stairs. It is going to be gorgeous, I tell ya. Also strong, since the stairs will be the support of the center of the wall. There really is nothing like working with cement and natural rock. I love it, and by the time it’s done it’ll look like an old castle wall or something.

In the morning (yesterday, I know I’m mixing up my days but I’m a tad disorganized these days) I took a few minutes to fix the zipper on one of my pants…meaning I sowed it together. Hah. I had been postponing it for weeks, but now I at least have something else to wear than my grays.

Afterwards I painted the greenhouse eave, so big brother could put them up. Since I was paint splattered anyway, I also got the blue paint out and did the top windows of the greenhouse, meaning that we have basically finished the greenhouse (big brother put in the last panes of glass yesterday as well) for real this time. Yay.

There was of course some more harvesting, and watering of the plants, which is really rather nice. The sun was still out, and down there the temperatures are much nice since it is protected against the wind.

Friday night was spent doing some more kick boxin, yay. It was wonderful, as usual, even though I did less due to a shortage of time. *sigh*
I did finally make myself print a book I promised to review and started reading. Yay. I hate doing it on my computer and now that I’m about five chapters into the story, I’ve got to say it is interesting to see how it is done.

A bit of bad news is that tenant’s old dog Hummel is really at her end, health-wise. The pour thing is over fourteen and she really doesn’t like it anymore, so tenant had to make the difficult decision to have her put down tomorrow. I’m going to drive her there, and though I offered to do it for her, she feels that she should be with the dog herself. Very true. I always feel that even though it would be so much easier not to be there when a beloved four-legged friend meets his/her end, I owe it to that dog to be there in the last minute. Having been a loyal companion for many years the dog deserves to have it’s boss right there to the very end at least.

Over the past two days I managed to jot down six pages for the latest manuscript, meaning that I really should hurry along wrapping things up, because I am about 5000 words away from the maximum amount of words, darn it.

This week past way too fast, by the way. Gawd, it just flew. Can you believe that I am only a day away from the job again…and added to that I’m going past that cocktail lounge/restaurant to ask if she would be interested in having me work there for a day so I can describe it in both my blog and perhaps even a column…if I can talk them into it, that is. Hah.

Worked on the console box for the Land Rover yesterday as well, but since it was already twilight, we stopped before we could get a lot done and headed inside to work on the book again.

A bit of good new, I finally made a decision regarding “Saving Nina” and asked some friends from Amazon.com if they want to beta read the story. I had to face the fact that even though we could of course do another edit, it really would have no use because we would just end up changing things, rather than make the story better.
Maybe these readers will be able to figure out what it was, exactly, that caused the editor to say no.
We’ll see.

What else? Well, that about sums it up, I guess. The dogs are happy following us around, and therefore happy period, considering we do a lot of it. Hah. I should be doing some cleaning in my cabin, but what the heck, who’s got time for such frivolous things as cleaning. Hah.

No comments: