Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hauling butt.

Song of the day: “Irish Son” by Brian McFadden. I nicely simple song to sing, so those who were forced to spend time in my company got to hear it too. Hah.

Whazzup, whazzup? (Gawd that sounds stupid) Give me a second here to gather my thoughts.

Oh yeah, yesterday.

It was big brother’s birthday, but since he doesn’t like cake or pie at all, I didn’t make any. It was kind of a relief, since I would have had to get up at least two hours early if I needed to make something. As it turned out, Sally offered to make one later in the day anyway, so it was an unnecessary worry.

The day started with laundry, just like every other day, of course. But, what with the crappy weather (no rain yet, but lots of clouds and moist air) nothing is drying so practically all the lines are filled to full capacity, which I find highly frustrating.

But anyway, laundry got done I was free to head out into the fresh morning air. First thing up was hanging four gorgeous copper lamps in the greenhouse. The day before we worked in the carport for an extra hour or so to get the wiring right.

It took some doing, but in the end we did manage the chore and they look wonderful. Very fancy in fact, and yet I’ve made pictures, but I am not going to post them yet. Seriously, writing about it takes less time.

Since we were down there already, big brother and I also took the opportunity and the momentary break in the cloud cover to take the wall apart and put the large concrete blocks in a neat pile so we can start over (darn it) one of these days. It wasn’t as heavy as I remembered, actually. The last time I had to haul those blasted things those 80-100 pound blocks felt almost too heavy to carry, but compared to then it went easy enough. I think it took the two of us less than an hour to get them all neatly stacked on the floor.

Admittedly, I was a tad tired last night and actually had a fifteen-minute catnap before I could get myself to start on the edit. Good thing I had that nap, by the way, because we had a full chapter edit that rent bloody well, if I may say so. Hah.

So that brings us to today: Again laundry, duh, but this time I could actually take some stuff off because it was relatively dry. Yay. Next, we cleaned Tika’s (Eclectus parrot) cage, because the place was a mess, and we’d been postponing it too long. Of course, the bird was eyeballing us the whole wile, her indignation implying that she didn’t appreciate us taking her stash away. But no matter. In the end the cage was nice and clean again, and we could head outside to get down to business.

While big brother continued with the box of the car, I sanded the new door so our friend Danni could paint it later in the day.
It was moist and cold today, so we lit up the vat for some comfortable heat at least. I’d missed the vat, I’ll admit. Nothing like working on some project while back and butt are kept warm by a blazing fire. Hah.

That done I made a small roof section for grandpa beside the carport. There is a serious lack of storage space, so I took the opportunity to create some extra by building it underneath the eucalyptus that stand between my house and the carport. I love working around nature that way, it creates the most interesting little nooks and crannies, if you must know and…well, it just looks nice.

Hauled some stuff up the mountain, which my dogs didn’t like at all. They would have much preferred to stick by the vat, by smooching up to it as close as they can without getting burned.
Talking about the dogs, I made a list the other day and it turns out that we lost a LOT of dogs in the past couple of years. Gawd, by the last count we had ninety-two, and now we’re down to seventy-seven. It was a tad scary to realize that, in particular just looking at the list I could see that in the near future we’re going to lose at least another 20 to age and sicknesses. *sigh*

Better not think about it, because that is definitely the thing I hate about having our pack.
But alas it cannot be helped and feeling bad about things that you cannot change won’t do anything except cause frustration so until the time comes that we actually lose them, Screw it!

I’ve got more edits to do, and a book to prepare for sending off, and…well, just more than enough to do yet, before the day is through.

No comments: