Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The loonies were out!!!

Song of the day:...who gives a bloody heck about that, the loonies were out and I gotta write about them before I burst. Seriously, I’ve been thinking about it since last night, and by now I’ve gotta write it down fast.

Soooooo let me draw you a scene. We were running behind. John Doe (main distributor, aka the boss man) was late. Admittedly he had a good excuse, his kid was ill through the night, so, okay, I couldn’t be POd about that. Wanted to, but kids are too good an excuse for me to bear a grudge. Hah.

But anyway, we started on the route late. The weather was nice so I didn’t mind all too much that we killed a couple of hours working on the paper edit, and then spent quite a bit of time admiring the imperial. (It works, it works…and we didn’t lose it underway.)
By the time we had stacked the papers into the Land Rover, the clouds were rumbling in however, so I got some seriously good exercise running back and forth with the bundles…got less this time too, what with the holidays and everything, so there was less heavy lifting to boot. Seriously, it almost felt like vacation.

But anyways we’d just about finished with the city, and I’m carrying a bundle of papers as I go through a back alley towards the indoor city market. So there, on my left, just up ahead leaning against a big plant container is a black haired dude (around eighteen or twenty I’m guessing) staring off into the distance. I don’t think much of it, and continue on when suddenly he hears my approach and straightens.
I still don’t think much of it at this point and casually glance in his direction as he spins towards me. He’s fumbling somewhat fierce down by his…ehm, nether regions, and, silly me, looks down…My bad!

YEP! It looked like a penis…only smaller. Gawd, who’d have thunk that I’d ever get the opportunity to say that one, but I can, because it is true.
Black-haired dude was definitely spending time with his best buddy. Petting the dog, admiring the weenie, polishing his lance, and…well, you get my drift. I don’t think I’ll ever recover from the shock. *snort*

But seriously, I think I disappointed the dude cause while he jerked back his shoulders and decided to let his proud member to say “Hail to the leader” *chortle* as he continued towards me. Calm as you please, too, as if his…gawd enough euphemisms already…okay, one more…as if his ROOSTER wasn’t sticking out of his zipper. I almost broke down and laughed. As it was, I didn’t break my stride and casually let my glance skip right past him on my way to the entrance.

Turns out, across from the dude two girls were casually talking together and from the look of things he was definitely staking them out while…ehm, you know, doing some heavy petting to himself. What’s this world coming to that people do this kind of thing in full daylight, I wonder? Although, it makes writing the blog a lot more fun.

Of course, considering I knew he was still there, I decided to take the front entrance back to the car and ran all the way, spurting on laughter. Poor big brother. He didn’t know what the heck was going on, and when I finally caught my breath and told him, we spent a solid five minutes looking at the black-haired dude who was standing by the side of the road as if waiting for someone.

Ah well, enough about my first time “face-to-face” with a flasher and move on to the next.
Small mall where I bring the papers. Big brother head to the market and newsagent, and I head on up to the four bars that also hold the papers.
I can honestly say that I came across my first human being who really growled like a dog. I’m not kidding. I know dogs and this dude really sounded like one. I came across him at the first bar where I drop of the papers and he was inside growling and shouting.

What with my earlier experience still fresh in my head, I eyed the old geezer wearily. He’s scruffy looking (I’ve seen him before) white beard, shortly cut gray hair and so many lines in his face I would guess him to be a professional fisherman. Dirty clothes and a mad look in his eye, I offer him a smile and deposit my papers on the counter.
As luck would have it (I was sooooo lucky yesterday) he growled…probably thinking he was a werewolf, or something…and followed me out. True to his present image he dogged my heels towards the stairs and down, where luckily, a real dog (gorgeous and sweet German Shepherd) took his place and took over his pursuit. All the while the guy continues to growl and grunt, and is still at it when I return.
Much to my relief the German Shepard and her boss were there too, so I got past the old geezer without further trouble.
Yeah, yeah, I wasn’t kidding in the title. The loonies, I tell ya.

Later that night, another location, I’m just about getting out of the car with another stack when another old dude…he reminded me of a sixty-something Omar Sharif for some reason…who asked if I’m delivering papers, and then promptly asks if I’ve spoken to John Doe. Surprised I tell him that I saw John Doe that afternoon at which time the guy wishes to know if he is well. Even as I am telling him that for as far as I know he is, the guy is walking away, without another word…so maybe not a loony, but it came across a bit weird.

So I’ve got a suspicious mind, which could be completely out of whack , but if I were the main distributor I would have, like, people here and there who can let me know if a paper is not delivered somewhere. Very devious, very smart…I wonder if John Doe is both. I wouldn’t be surprised, but then, that’s me. Hah.

My dogs were absolutely insane when I got home, but after I sat on my coffee table for a bit, giving them all a good petting they all settled down for the night and impatiently waited for me to feed them. Poor buggers. Eating just doesn't work when I'm not there. *sigh*

What else has been going on? Not all that much. I can say that my foot was friggin’ killing me again when I got home and it kept me from sleeping properly too. Also that I had to get up early to get our friend from Marbella didn’t help any, but then, that’s life, I guess. Can’t pick your days, and all in all yesterday wasn’t all that bad.

This morning, after we got back big brother, grandpa and our friend Dani headed into the yard and spent a couple of hours in the full sunshine digging holes on the mountain ridge where we planted about fifteen eucalypti. What with all the rain going on (it rained again yesterday. Did I mention that already? It seems like work day is a perfect day for rain so far. Hah.) we figured we might as well make use of it, and do some serious planting.

It was rather wonderful digging and chopping in most clay and rock, and since the weather was so nice, tenant came down as well and sat in the sunshine where we worked so she’d have company.

Since we were down there already, we also worked a bit more on the bus. What with the closet that stands in front of the back window, we’re putting up slats to make it seem more like a building. What with the green paint below it, the entire thing will look rather nice, It think. Now, if we also plant some passionflower vines there, the bus should disappear from sight entirely in just a couple of years, hah.

But, however nice working in the sunshine was (big brother and I also fixed one of the solar panels. The concrete beneath it had cracked and would go down with the next bit of wind, we were sure. Poured new concrete there.) within no time whatsoever new clouds came packing in, making it clear that we should head on up to the carport for some indoor work.

As it turns out, tenant walked up and down today, which is a major accomplishment for as far as I’m concerned. While she settled in for the night, big brother and I got to work on the console we’ve been making for the Land Rover. I’ve mentioned it before, I believe, a console of real bamboo wood. We put all the sections together today, and I’ve gotta say that it looks splendid.

Well, I’ve got another edit to focus on, so I’m going to call it a day here and get to work.

No comments: