Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No groceries for another 3 weeks. Yay

Song of the day: “Ice Queen” by Within Temptation. I looked it up the other day and thus it has been in my head every now and that, like today.

Weather wise it was downright horrible today…well, at least the first part. Rain kept coming down (half the basin is already full, by the way. Yay!!!) and didn’t stop until after five in the afternoon. It wasn’t too bad, considering there was more than enough to do under the roof of the carport.

Yep, seeing opportunity…oh wait. I skipped yesterday. That just won’t do, will it? *sigh* I had hoped to have fully suppressed yesterday, but since it just popped back in my mind, I’m just going to have to mention it.

It was grocery-shopping day, of course, and we did it in record time to boot…and within budget no less. *phew* Nothing really exciting happening, only that the prices are still rising. Seriously, it is starting to be a bit worrying, if you ask me. Food, the most basic of them, are gradually costing more, meaning (of course) that you can buy less in the near future. It is rather daunting if you ask me.

But anyway, we got everything done in four and a half hours, (part of it was due to the fact that we didn’t go to two of our regular stores) and were home before twilight. Got everything unloaded and then headed out into the yard for some serious relaxation. Seriously, being out in the city always gets me wired, and there is nothing that feels quite as nice as go out into the garden.

We checked up on all our plants, pulled some weeds and sowed some more herbs. First ones are coming up, by the way, Anise and Marjoram, to be precise. Just getting my hands dirty and shaking the tomato plants was a pleasure beyond compare. Right, I can hear you think. “Shaking the tomato plant?” Yep, gotta shake ‘m to fertilize. I’ve decided to do it while singing Harry Belafonte’s “Shake Shake Shake Senora” every time. Hah.

There was a rather good edit afterwards, meaning that we’ve got more than two thirds done. But we were tired, so we gave up after five pages and went up to my cabin where we actually got to watch a movie. I know, astounding, isn’t it? But yeah, we watched Predators, which wasn’t as stupendously air-headed as the last two, but not as good as the first two either. Seriously, Zwarzenegger and Glover did some darn good work there. They just don’t make characters the way they used to.

Let’s be honest here, when’s the last time you saw anything like “Romancing the Stone”, “The Last of the Mohicans”, “Revenge”, “Lucky Number Slevin” or even “Tears of the Sun”. You know, stuff that you could see over and over again, just because the characters fascinated you so much. These days, movies appear to be designed to have as much “extras” in it as they can possibly pile together. While if they took out one or two extra nifty shots, they could actually get a character developed there that I can care about. Seriously, an action flick or horror flick are only interesting if I actually like the person who is constantly almost being slaughtered.
Admittedly the Die Hards are still going well enough. Okay, I could talk about movies all night long, so I better quit while I’m ahead. Hah.

Let’s get today. Where did I leave off? Oh yeah. Carport and carpentry. Those Cabinets I’ve designed for big brother’s room. I decided that I might as well take the opportunity of lousy weather to work on them some more. All of them now have doors, so after a few more adjustments tomorrow, we should be able to get them into big brother’s room soon.

Ox was there to help me today, seeing as grandpa and big brother were kept busy with other stuff. Got all the doors in, and he was working on the handles. I wish there was more to do for him, but with four people working in there the options are limited. It was downright chilly, so my feet were icy by the end of the evening, after we had headed out to get another batch of rocks. This time grandpa went along, and as usual working with three people it went a lot faster. A good thing too, considering the northern wind is not funny.

Once we got home, I had a nice meal of hot porridge and changed into something warm so we could settle in for the remainder of the evening. There’s an edit to do, and other stuff too, so this is it for the blog today. Gotta go.

No comments: