Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nuh-uh...no title

Song of the day: “Puppet on a string” by…I forgot. Ah well. Funny song anyway.

Had a tedious couple of days, at least in regards to telling about them. Since we’re working on storage anyway, yesterday morning, right after finishing the house chores, such as laundry and all those other pesky daily jobs, we headed for the bus. Like me, grandpa is going bonkers due to the lack of storage, so it really was time for this.

It took us most of yesterday to take it all out, and sort through the mess…although we did manage to fit in another potato planting session. Looking cute too, what with the reed fencing I made around it. I’ve feeling that, come summer it’ll all look rather tropic.

Anyway, once we finished taking the contents from under the bus (and separated the garbage from it) there was loads of cleaning (this place wasn’t exempt from our most recent rat problem) and then putting in partitions. While I did this particular chore, big brother worked on a dam like section for the gutters that lead to the basin. We’ve got this big slab of marble that can now be set in place if the water supply has to be closed off. It looks rather nifty, if I do say so myself.
Grandpa was hauling stuff up with Dani all the while, considering that a lot has to go to the local landfill in the next few weeks.

Since the Land Rover was occupied for today’s market venture (the sibs and mom, remember?) we had an excellent excuse not to go out for stones. I was rather glad for it, because these days I’ve a feeling that I’m burning the candles on both sides a bit again. Not that it matters, considering I keep being sensible about it, get enough sleep and food, and take care that balance activities. Nevertheless, a bit of caution is warranted.

There were some edits but on the most part, we worked on the synopsis for A.I.L. I didn’t think it was going to work this time, what with shifting everything around and getting it up to three pages, but in the end it all came down again to exactly two, as is requested by the publisher.

We also worked on my new letterhead, which turned out properly cute for the occasion. We printed the whole lot out and I’ve gotta admit that it all looks pretty darn good. With a little luck we’ll start sending it all out next week. After another hour of edit-reading, I was so tired I basically past out the moment my head hit the pillow.

This morning, after the usual household chores, along with a visit to tenant who agreed to spend the last sunny day on my porch, where she could at least catch a bit of sun still, it was back to the bus. During the course of the day the clouds kept gathering, however. Even now the rain is gently coming down, which isn’t bad, per say, in particularly not for the plants, but still. I’m not thrilled with the change. Hah.

After finishing closing off the last of the holes and locking the side sections of the old bus over old suitcases and such, we continued on on the other side and took to staring at the old diesel tank there. Seriously, it took me two minutes of staring before I turned to big brother and said, “Hey, this thing runs on diesel, right?”
Big brother: “Uh-huh.”
Me: “I don’t suppose you know if it’s empty?”
Big brother: “Nuh-uh.”
Me: “Should we…”
Big brother: “Uh-huh.” And off he was to get a tube from storage, along with a couple of buckets.

So we ended up with about 20 liters of diesel, yay. We filtered it, of course, and then poured it down into the tank of the Land Rover. This is going to save us quite a bill this month, in particular since it is aaaar…ehm grocery shopping day tomorrow. We won’t need to gas up at least. Yay.

Had a nice little walk with tenant who slept splendidly but would like to have her bed lowered by several centimeters (1 or 2 inches) because when it is lower she can get on easier. I’ll try to do that in the morning, but otherwise the day after, we’ll have to see how it turns out.

Today we sowed spinach, by the way. Grandpa turned some more earth (don’t ask me why, but he really likes doing that). And just about when we were done, the first drops of rain started to fall. Not hard, but we started hurrying up in cleaning the last bits around the bus, hauling up what we could to storage and get all the tools safely settled for the night.

In the last bit of daylight, we got another batch of rocks. There was some mild rain, but nothing to serious. On the most part, I don’t dislike hauling rocks at the end of the day. It is a good exercise to wind down from whatever activities we did during the day. Besides, whether I like it or not doesn’t matter anyway. It has to be done.

Dog-wise Gada’s ear is all better. No more stuff oozes out, yay, so I won’t be needed to clean that ear anymore. Let’s hope that this remedy will work longer than the antibiotics. Touri’s ear is not better yet (though there is some improvement) instead he hates me for cleaning his ear every other day. *sigh* You should see the look in his eyes afterwards, in particular because I literally need to take him in a choke-hold so big brother can spray the stuff into his ear. Ah well, we’ll see how things go in the near future.

Well, that’s it for today. All else that happened is just…well, a blank.

No comments: