Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Boring stuff.

Song of the day: “This is it” by Michael Jackson, preceded by “Living doll” by Cliff Richard. Weird combination again, huh.

Well, not much to write about again, considering the weather has been downright horrible. Seriously, I know I should be happy about this like big brother (the basin is steadily filling again after all) but I’m not. I’m friggin’ cold, and it feels like we’re back in winter. Just a couple of weeks ago I was pondering getting my summer clothes out of storage, and now I’m back to wearing layers for crying out loud. There’re clouds everywhere, there’s way too much moisture in the air and the temperatures are in the low seventies. Grrr.

There were two rock hauling trips since the last blog (yeah, I know. Exciting, right? Hah) getting them and loading them up, and then starting the day with hauling them down the mountain to the wall. Sometimes I wonder if we’ll ever have enough of them, but then I realize that it really doesn’t matter. It needs to be done anyway. So despite my knee (it is still effing around) I managed two or three wheelbarrows with rocks, after which I had to admit defeat and leave it to grandpa, big brother and Ox, who decided to join us for the day.

Regretfully my knee kept pounding most of the day afterwards, but who cares. I got to do them wheelbarrows after all. Hah.

Lots of earth turning going on still. This big patch in the lowest garden where we put in a long row
of pumpkins an melons. Also the patch that used to hold the potatoes got turned, holding many rows of melons now. Along with some rows of carrots seeds and a few more pumpkins. Let’s hope it all survives the freaky weather.

Where there’s freshly turned earth, seedlings and seeds, there are small reed fences to build. Inevitably dogs want to dash through the tender spots, so fences have got to be put up. It takes a while, but I kinda like the way it looks.

This fencing kind of stuff does insult the dogs, of course. In particular Knight II, Dax and Sitabah, who consider those fences a grave offense, the poor darlings. Really they were looking at me as if I was personally robbing them of their favorite spots. Time and again they would try to move in there, curl up on their flattened grass patches, barely missing the pumpkins and everything. Aargh!

Oh, oh, almost forgot, we had our first real tomatoes from the greenhouse yesterday, yay. They were awesome, especially together with some very young beets, also from the yard, which went well with lettuce and all that other stuff that make healthy sandwiches.

Computer wise there was of course work on the in-between-project, but also some work on the new one...or at least one of the new ones. *sigh* The latter has been fun, while the in-between-project is starting to lose its charm. Good thing we’re almost done.

Well that’s it. I’ve got screws and drills in my pocket and I know how to use them, so...I better go do that. Hah.

No comments: