Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another one bites the dust

Song of the day: ......I actually have no idea which one to pick, because there have been way too many in my head these past couple of days. Annoying, that.

Yep, another couple of days past, and really, it goes ways too fast. We’re seriously in summer now. The temperatures are hitting the high nineties and at the moment it is just a tad above balmy. Wonderful. The sun has been shining brightly, the air is either extremely dry, or moist, with either of them pros and cons that have me fully enjoy this summer, if for no other reason than that it was high time. *sigh*

Big brother finished installing my new little Netbook, and I am, in fact, working on it right now. I’m starting to get used to it, but the small keys are still a bit of an issue. Not to mention that the screen is a 10.1” which is, like, tiny. Ah well, I’ll get used to it.

So lets do this in sequence, and start with yesterday morning, which started cloudy and yet sweltering. It was working the yard day that mostly involved trimming the tomatoes (removing disease) in the greenhouse and the yard. Seriously, I was sweating like a pig, but we got good progress there. Whatever looked bad got cut, and what still looked good we re-hung on the reed constructions. We lost a few to disease, but most of them are still growing. Yay.

While we were out there, we did some watering, of course, and harvesting, giving us a solid basket full of tomatoes, peppers and some onions. Yummy. We are going to need another canning session. Got three full baskets of tomatoes again.

In the afternoon we had to go to the garage again. The Opel, ya know, the flickering oil light and everything. *double sigh* We got there in time for our appointment, and while we waited for an hour, I managed to use the time properly and wrote two more pages for the book. It took my fingers about fifteen minutes to find the proper keys, but then the rattling sound was back, making big brother laugh. Yep, speed typing is essential when you’re doing a book. Hah.

Picked up the second hand pergola on the way back, and took some time loading it up. We don’t know where we’re going to put it yet (I’m thinking on the terrace under the new wall, btw) but it was just too good to pass up on.

Later in the evening I finished writing “V.L.” so yay. Sure, there will be a two to three month edit yet, but still, the story is done and though everything is likely to change during the remaining process, it is there for real. A very satisfying feeling, finishing a book. I kinda like it.

Was late getting to bed, but what the heck. Who needs sleep anyway? I’ve got better stuff to do…not really, but that’s what I keep telling myself. Hah. But anyway, I was understandably late this morning. Not that it mattered one way or other, but I hate oversleeping.

First thing we did after a dip in the pool, laundry, coffee and breakfast (in that order) was looking for new plinths in the storage up in the old horse paddock. We did find some, which should be good enough once they get sanded and polished. I love my new floor by the way. It’s gorgeous and is so wonderfully warm and smooth to walk on with bare feet.

Which reminds me, the foot is really PO-ing me. I can hardly stand on it at the moment, and all because I was stupid in using it to wedge the floor boards. *sigh* I can be soooo stupid sometimes. Grrr.

Afterwards we unloaded the car and cleaned it up for the sibs and mom, for tomorrow’s market session. Luckily, it didn’t take all that long, leaving us enough time to give the dogs a tick bath. Seriously, the pests were getting out of hand again, so we decided to fill the bathtub and dip the lot. Of course, Chaos disappeared without a trace before I could get him. Same goes for Sitabah, but since their ticks aren’t that bad, I decided not to bother tracking them down.

Afterwards we went down to the basin terrace. Tenant went along, and arrived (after a dip in the pool) after I finished making supper. Which was rather tasty. Fresh tomatoes, peppers and onions with cream and macaroni. Yummy. It fell on my empty stomach rather well, even though the foot thing is playing havoc on my stomach. Am nauseous way too often again. Better not start the vomiting again. I’m just getting my blood levels up after the last stint of I-can’t-hold-anything-down.

So, considering I finished V.L. we decided to, as an in-between project, need some distance before I get to editing the new book, do a new edit for Saving Nina. Update it a little, and apply the suggestions of my marvelous test readers to make it better. It’ll take a while, but it will be worth it. Besides, after all this time I’m kind of looking forward to reading it again.

After going through the prologue, we quit and got down into the basin. It still needed cleaning. Dani and I were down there (big brother and grandpa had to fix the solar panel battery storage) and stumbled upon seven frogs. We got them all, with loads of squealing (I dislike slimy and slippery animals) and laughing, and chasing after the quick little buggers. With the last one, Dani decided to toss the little feller, and ended up throwing it against the wall, rather than over it. Poor thing just bounced off and died. Which made Dani feel bad of course, and me tease her some saying stuff like: “You’re so mean. Seriously, if you wanted to kill it, then why not smash it with the shovel, why throw it against the wall. That’s really cruel.” Within no time (after burying the poor amphibian) we were both laughing again. Accidents do happen after all.

And thus we have, once again reached the end of the day…at least we did after harvesting another full basket of peppers, tomatoes, and zucchinis. If all goes well, tomorrow I’m going to have to boil pots for the next canning section. Should be doable, but if not…well, I guess I’ll have to see.
I’ve got a book to edit again, and am feeling the post-writing blues just around the corner, dammit.

No comments: