Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Left my brain

Song of the day: “Unwritten” by Natasha Beddingfield. Love this song.

Well, I’m running way behind, partly due to the fact that I was writing. Yep. I’m in the end scene, and...IT...IS...ALMOST...DONE!!! Yay. Seriously. The book, is as good as done. I’ve got the escape rescue scene, I got the epilogue, now all I need is the in-between tying up loose ends scene. *sigh*

So, I didn’t make the ideal word count. In fact, I’ve already overshot by 3000 words, and still need to add a few, so I’m afraid I’m going to have to take out that scene that I mentioned. Darn it. If I don’t I’m going to have to cut sentences like nobodies business, during the edit, which I also hate. Grrr.

But anyway. I’ve got a new computer. Little brother’s computer gave the spirit, so we made a deal that I would get a Netbook with a long lasting battery (I’ve been putting a bit aside for it for almost a year now) and he would pay me 100 for my old one. So yeah, I got one...and relatively cheap too, since we didn’t buy the first one we came across, but shopped around. Ended up in Marbella where I got my hands on an ASUS, which is apparently the only one that can be set in English without an extra charge of 50 bucks. Yay.

So yeah, big brother has been busy installing programs I need. Along with my books, music and all that other useless crap I’ve got stored on there. *sigh* I hate getting used to a new computer, which is one of the reasons why I am still working on my old one right now. Seriously, is there anything more annoying than having to sort through twenty years of data, putting it where you need it and then hoping that you didn’t miss something that will now be lost forever. Aaaaargh.

It took me half a year to get used to this one, for crying out loud, and now I’ll have to start all over...not to mention with Window 7 rather than XP, darn it. I liked XP. Why did they have to go and change it anyway. Grrr.

It’s been a haranguing couple of day, mostly because we’ve been working on my floor...or more accurately putting it in. What with it being second hand, so to speak, it’s been a game of measuring, trying to fit, and then all over again until today, after two days of backbreaking sitting down/getting up, and again, and again, and again, it is finally in. Yay! Sure, the plinths need to go in yet, and the last one is still loose, but all in all the floor is looking splendid (yes, I have pictures and I will post them, don’t you worry none).

The dogs loved the past couple of days, mind you. Seriously, my dogs have lounged in and around my cabin constantly, barely looking up while I moved back and forth all day long. Heck, they didn’t even mind big brother’s dogs joining us. There were times when we were moving around, over, through and just on top of approximately twenty five dogs, which made it all the more exhausting.

A bad tidbit was that I did something incredibly stupid. We were putting in a particularly curvy board, and without thinking I tried to wedge it in place with my bare left foot. Yikes! Big mistake there. Seriously, I think I damaged the plantars growth in my foot, because I almost vomited right then and there. Have been nauseous ever since too, which only goes to show that I shouldn’t have left my brain on the night stand yesterday morning. Jeez. How stupid can you be using an already damaged foot, and slamming down on top of a growth. *sigh* Walking was no fun today, but what the heck, I persevered.

While yesterday’s back breaking session was topped by the trip to town (if you’ve been reading my blogs a lot you’ll know how much I like THAT) today’s came to an end with us in the yard harvesting a big load of tomatoes an peppers. I’m going to have to do another canning day, darn it. Seriously, we took up two and a half baskets today, and that’s from only two days for crying out loud.

We are going to have to take a full day for garden stuff tomorrow, along with a cleaning session in the basin, which we need to properly clean still before we can paint it. What with the weather channels predicting a slight increase in temperatures, that might turn out to be an interesting endeavor. Hah.
No matter, really. This year the weather has been wonderfully mild.

Tenant has been making herself incredibly useful. Not only has she been helping with the canning, she also assisted in waxing my floor. There were four more boards today this morning, and she sanded and then waxed them by herself, just so we could continue laying the floor...and I have to stop now. I’m seeing double and I could really use an early night today. Been getting way too little sleep again, barely making it to five hours for several days now, and it is starting to show in my endurance late at night. I’ve caught myself nodding off several times already.

Well, gotta go. I sure hope I will have something interesting to report the next time. Hah.

No comments: