Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Backwards

Song of the day: “Under pressure” by Queen and David Bowie. I don’t even like this song, darn it, so what the heck was it doing in my head most of the day.

I’m going to have to do this backwards again, because my brain just refuses to get the information out otherwise. The brain, oh my poor brain. It can’t contain it all. Hah.

First off, just half an hour ago, we were in town. Yep. We had to get a new jackhammer drill, because the old one decided to up and die on us the other day. Also, what with the basin finally clean, we had to get another bucket of swimming pool paint, because the buckets we have won’t be enough.

While we were out we also went to the big sports store and bought me a pair of boots for winter. My favorites are starting to fall about at the seam, so it can’t be postponed any longer, darn it.
Since my usual size 10 was a little small, and 10 ½ wasn’t there, I took a size eleven, which will allow for double socks. Yay. Since the bigger size will also allow for my insoles, which is a definite plus, considering my foot was driving me friggin’ bonkers today.

At one of the supermarkets (we had to get chloride) we talked with a vagrant for a bit. He was a mechanic from Germany, apparently. He could speak four languages and yet he was unable to land a job. Now, considering the way he looked that didn’t surprise me all that much, but you can hardly tell the fella that, now can you? Ah well, he said he was trying to get back to Germany but didn’t manage it. We ended up giving him a euro just because he managed to sound cohesive even though he failed to look like anything more than a junkie. *sigh* It’s sad.

But anyway, today’s edit didn’t go at all well. For some reason our focus was completely off, which is definitely not a good thing when you’re trying to pay attention to details and flow of a book. Darn it.

Cooking was an experiment again. Lasagne disks boiled in a broth, with a vegetable mix on the side. It worked out rather well, I’ve got to admit. Had the nausea thing again, so I didn’t manage to eat a full meal of it, but there were leftovers so no harm done.

Big brother spent the morning fixing grandpa’s fence, while grandpa and I worked on sorting through our supply of paint cans. Boy were there a lot of those. It took us about an hour to check them all, number them and make a list before we put them away in the new closet grandpa and big brother made.

Since we had a batch of bolognaise sauce standing around that was just a day short of the expiration date, I poured it into dog bowls and gave them a breakfast they won’t soon forget (it took about five minutes, I think. Hah). They loved it, in case you’re wondering and slobbered the whole mess up in five seconds flat.
Then there was breakfast for us humans, preceded by sorting through some stuff in the carport, and folding my daily batch of laundry, of course.

Last night, after a rather wonderful workout, thank you very much, there was a massive thunderstorm raging in the west. It was all very impressive, really. Huge lightning bolts would streak across the sky, and clouds rumbled in. I just had to stand on my terrace for a bit and watch nature’s might.
There was another edit, of course, and luckily the one yesterday didn’t go at all bad. Managed to get up to an eighth of the story.

Kenneth was upset last night. Turns out we’d forgotten her down by the basin, and she’d spent several hours on her own there before we realized the mistake. The poor cocker spaniel’s heart was going completely pita pat when big brother finally realized and went to fetch her. Poor darling.

There was a much-needed dip in the pool, since both big brother and I spent about an hour in the basin (after grandpa finished working in it with acid) taking out water and dirt. The cleaning did go well and we should have the thing done for the painting at last.

Before that was another harvest. Got beans and tomatoes on the most part, along with some melons, which we have to harvest early because otherwise rats or mice get to them

Edits and cooking preceded and while working on the lanterns that I’m determined to hang down the entire length of the main path, I had to jog down the mountain to water some plants, rather than risk having them die on us. I’ve got to say that’s one of the few minuses of Spain, if you ask me. Water. If you don’t invest in it, a yard/garden just doesn’t work.

While big brother was hanging the lantern that I’d already finished, I tagged my newly canned beans and vegetable soup. It will be interesting to see how long the whole lot will keep in the future. Since I was busy with the pots anyway, I sorted the batches inside storage as well. No sense in being busy with it if you’d just have to get back to it within no time.

Well, that’s it for me today. I need sleep, fast. Well, there’s more than a page and a half anyway, so I did my duty. Hah.

No comments: